Wish has a strict policy against the listing or sale of products that violate a third party's intellectual property rights. You can reduce the likelihood of incurring penalties, product listing removals, and potential suspension by considering the guidelines below.
To reduce the likelihood of copyright infringement:
- Create your own original images. This is the best way to prevent copyright infringement.
- Refrain from using images and photos of others without permission. Do not use another person’s image found on the internet, pictures found in a third-party catalog, or images another merchant used to list its own products. As a rule of thumb, you might simply consider anything found on the internet as protected by copyright law.
- If you want to use another person’s image, contact the author of the content, and request permission.
To reduce the likelihood of trademark infringement:
- Refrain from using others’ trademarks in your listings unless you have proper authorization to do so or proof of purchase (e.g., an invoice), or other legal permissions.
- Do not take screenshots of branded/trademarked products from the internet, third-party catalogs, or another merchant’s listings for your product listing.
- Ensure all images and text used in your product listings accurately describe the item.
To reduce the likelihood of counterfeiting:
- Do not sell replicas, counterfeits, or fake versions of actual products.
- Sell authentic and legal goods only.
To reduce the likelihood of patent or community design infringement:
- Refrain from using a patented invention or design without the permission of the patent or registered community design owner.
To avoid a right of publicity violation:
- Refrain from using a person’s name, likeness, or other recognizable aspects of his or her persona in your listing.
- Do not use images of celebrities or famous models to list your products without their consent.
The information provided on this Website is for informational purposes only and does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice on any subject matter. Should you require assistance related to the subject matter or information on this Website, you should contact an attorney for legal advice.