The Support Tickets feature facilitates communication between merchants and customers, allowing merchants to directly respond to customer questions. Customers may ask merchants questions via the Wish app/website, which will create corresponding support tickets that merchants are responsible for replying to in Merchant Dashboard or via API.
This feature builds trust between customers and merchants, provides customers with confidence when making purchases, and improves overall customer experience. Additionally, it enables Wish to comply with European regulations requiring online marketplaces to provide customers with the ability to contact merchants directly.
The following FAQ has been created to walk merchants through the Support Tickets feature.
What categories of issues will Support Tickets handle?
Support Tickets are organized by the below listed categories and corresponding customer issues:
- Asking about a product (size, color, etc.)
- Asking a general question about the merchant store
Post Purchase Tickets**
- Initiating a return or refund of their order
- Reporting a defective, damaged, or missing item in their order
Post Customer Support Questions*
- Changing a product (size, color, etc.) post-order
- Removing an item from their order
- Changing the shipping address
- Inquiring about the status of their order
- Requesting tracking/shipping information
* Please note: Pre-Purchase Questions and Post Customer Support Questions are currently only available to European-based customers. Wish Customer Support will handle most support tickets created by customers based outside of Europe.
** Post Purchase Tickets are handled primarily by Wish Customer Support, and will only be routed to merchants in a few cases. These include refunds for select merchants and refunds for applicable high-value orders).
Where will I see my open Support Tickets?
In Merchant Dashboard, you will see Support Tickets displayed in the top bar. Next to Support Tickets you will see the total number of open tickets in red.
Clicking on Support Tickets will display the above dropdown, where you can see the three ticket categories: Post Purchase Tickets, Pre-Purchase Questions, and Post Customer Support Questions. Clicking a ticket category will display a list of open tickets, and a variety of information around the ticket.
“Issue Type” indicates the category of issue that the ticket falls under. Based on the customer indicated issue, the ticket will be routed to one of the three ticket categories described above.
“Time Left To Respond” indicates the remaining time for merchants to respond to the ticket. Merchants who consistently fail to respond within 48 hours will receive warnings and eventual punishment. See the below section on Customer Performance Metrics for more details.
What information will Support Tickets contain?
Navigate to Support Tickets > Post Purchase Tickets/Pre-Purchase Questions/Post Customer Support Questions, and click the ID under the “Ticket ID” column or the “View” button under the “Action” column to view your open ticket (see screenshot above). This brings you to the Ticket page. Depending on the ticket category, you will see different information here. See below for details of the different ticket category pages.
You will initially see “Ticket Details”. Your messages will appear under this area (more details on messages below).
Post Purchase Tickets and Post Customer Support Questions:
You will initially see “Ticket”, “Transaction”, and “Address” information.
Below, you will see both the “Affected Items” and “Order Details” sections. Your messages will appear under this area (more details on messages below).
For Post Purchase Tickets:
- You can close Post Purchase Tickets at this point by clicking the checkbox next to the items you wish to refund, and clicking the “Refund Marked Orders” button below the “Affected Items” section.
For Post Customer Support Questions:
- Post Customer Support Questions will not include the “Refund Marked Orders” button.
- Customers will not be able to submit Post Customer Support Questions until 120 days after the refund window has closed for their order. For more information on refunds, please see our Help Center section here.
For all three ticket categories, you can view and respond to your messages farther down the Ticket page. For Pre-Purchase Questions and Post Customer Support Questions, messages will be routed directly to merchants. As previously noted, Post Purchase Tickets will primarily be handled by Wish Customer Support.
How do I respond to close an open ticket?
For all three ticket categories, you can respond to messages using the text field below the messages area. You can utilize our response templates by clicking one of the button options to the right of the text field. These response templates are available in multiple languages, which can be selected by clicking the language dropdown above the response template buttons. We strongly encourage you to use the language dropdown and response templates to respond to the customer in the language of their country/region if possible. Please note that you may view customer messages in the language of your country/region by clicking “View [Language]” at the bottom right of the customer message window.
If an image is required to resolve the issue, you can click “Select a File” to attach one. After you have composed your message, you can hit “Reply” below the text field to send your response to the customer. The ticket will move to Support Tickets > Awaiting User.
For Pre-Purchase Questions and Post Customer Support Questions:
- If you are confident that you have resolved the issue with your response, click “Reply and Solve” to send your response and close the ticket. The ticket will move to Support Tickets > Closed.
For Post Purchase Tickets:
- You can close Post Purchase Tickets by clicking the checkbox next to the items you wish to refund, and clicking the “Refund Marked Orders” button below the “Affected Items” section. If you are unable to resolve a customer issue, you can click “Appeal to Wish Support” to involve Wish Customer Support. The Wish Customer Support dialogue will continue in the messages area on this page. We strongly encourage you to try resolving issues to the best of your ability yourself before appealing to Wish Customer Support.
Where do I see tickets that are awaiting customer response?
Tickets that you have replied to and are awaiting customer response will be under Support Tickets > Awaiting User. Once the customer has responded, these tickets will be open for you to respond to in the relevant ticket category.
Where do I see my closed tickets?
Tickets that have been closed will be found under Support Tickets > Closed. For closed Post Purchase Tickets where orders have been refunded/returned, you will see a “Refund Details” section displayed on the Ticket page.
How do I find my Customer Service Performance metrics?
Navigate to Performance > Customer Service Performance. This page will display a variety of metrics, including Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) and Late Response Rate. A CSAT rating of >85% and a Late Response Rate of <5% is considered normal. For Post Purchase Tickets, failure to respond within 48 hours may result in Wish Customer Support taking over to resolve the ticket.
Please note that if your store has a very high Late Response Rate (>45%) or very low CSAT rate (<60%), your account may be impression blocked or suspended.
Using Support Tickets via API:
The following API endpoints help merchants manage their Support Tickets via API, including fetching tickets awaiting your response, fetching a specific ticket, closing a ticket, and replying to tickets:
For more details, please see our Merchant API documentation page for Support Tickets here.