To improve the product upload experience for merchants and decrease time to upload product CSVs, we have launched a new product CSV upload experience to all merchants. You can add products, edit products, edit shipping, and add variations via CSV in Merchant Dashboard. Taking these actions via CSV allows you to efficiently make changes in bulk to your products.
See below for a step-by-step walkthrough of the new product CSV upload experience:
1. First, navigate to Products > Add/Edit Products with CSV. On this page, you may first select the type of action you want to take by clicking the “Action type” dropdown. These actions include Add products, Edit products, Edit shipping, and Add variations.
2. Next, you may download a CSV template to fill out with your product information by clicking “Download CSV template”. You may also download an example CSV to see what a pre-filled template looks like by clicking “Download example CSV”.
If you have existing products that you wish to edit, you may click “Download all products”. This may take up to 24 hours to process depending on how many products you currently have. You will receive an email once your product CSV is processed and ready to download.
3. Prepare your CSV file with a row for each Parent SKU (to group variations) or SKU (for each variation) by downloading either a CSV template (recommended for adding products) or all of your existing products (recommended for editing products).
Certain product attributes are required for different actions - please click “List of product attributes” to expand a table listing the actions and corresponding required product attributes. To expand a list of additional optional attributes, click “View more optional attributes” at the bottom of the table.
Please see this article for more information on required and optional product attributes, including attributes that have recently been renamed.
4. Upload your formatted CSV file when ready. If any of your column headers do not match listed Wish attributes, you may manually map them together under the Column mapping section. If all column headers and Wish attributes match 1:1, you will see the message “All columns have been mapped.” Click the “Submit” button in the top right to proceed.
5. After submitting, you will land on a job details page indicating the progress of your product CSV upload. You may hit the “Cancel” button on this page to stop an upload if desired. When your upload is complete and ready for review, you will receive an email.
6. You may navigate to the Product CSV File Status page from here by clicking the “Return to Product CSV File Status” link in the header. You may also access this page by navigating to Products > Product CSV File Status.
On this page, you may view the status of all present and past product CSV uploads. The “Status” column here will display either In Progress, Complete, or Cancelled, reflecting the status of your product CSV upload. Please note it may take 12 hours for your products to appear on Wish.