The following improvements and updates went are effective starting September 3, 2023, Pacific Time.
What Is New
The new metric, Underperforming Products, measures the % of active products with low customer ratings and/or refunds.
The formula looks like this: Number of underperforming products ÷ number of products with orders.
Underperforming products are defined as having either:
Low customer ratings, which means the product has less than three stars over a 90 calendar day evaluation,
High refund rates for product quality, which means it exceeds category specific refund thresholds over the past 90 calendar days.
You can also view and fix this issue via the Merchant Dashboard > Policy Infractions and filter for “High Product Quality Refund Rate.”
What Is Changing
- Buyer fraud orders detected by Wish, then canceled and refunded to buyers, are automatically excluded from affecting a merchant’s Wish Standard metrics.
- WishPost orders that are confirmed fulfilled within three calendar days are excluded from logistics refund rate metrics if the:
- Shipping takes too long
- Product never arrives
- Order is marked delivered but did not arrive
- Wish Standards’ Qualifiers:
- Previously, merchants needed 50 mature orders in 90 calendar days to qualify for Wish Standards; now it is 30 mature orders.
- Previously, merchants needed 100 mature orders over 30 calendar days to qualify for Platinum tier; now that has changed to 50 mature orders or $1,000 in gross merchandise value.
How To Prepare
IMPORTANT: Given the 90 day evaluation period, if you took our suggested actions to prepare for these updates ahead of September 3, please remember that those actions will not be reflected in your current Wish Standard tier adjustment. However, the sooner you take the suggested actions, the less time potential impacts have to take effect.
You may help minimize future change impacts to your Wish Standards’ tier by taking action now — specifically in regards to the “Underperforming Products” metric.
Go to Merchant Dashboard > Performance > Wish Standards > Underperforming products > View details and do the following:
- Review your products with low customer ratings: Choose the tab “User rating” to find low rated products. Click on ‘View Product feedback’ to read customer comments; determine whether to work on the feedback or remove products with frequent low ratings from the site.
- Review your products with high refund rates: Choose the tab “Product quality refunds” and click “View Refund Details” where you can determine whether to improve the refund rate or remove the product from the site.