Wish regularly runs promotional campaigns to drive additional traffic to products in the Wish app or wish.com. Products that have been selling well on Wish may be selected for such promotion. These products are programmatically chosen by Wish based on their relevant audience, conversion, and popularity.
This article walks merchants through some commonly asked questions about the promoted status of their products.
1. How can I increase my products' chances of being selected as promoted products?
- Adding size and color information is critical. Click here for more information about how to do this.
- Make sure you add appropriate tags to your products as well. Click here for more information about adding tags to your listings.
We automatically promote merchants and their products to Wish users who've added similar items to their wishlists in the past. Thanks to our algorithm, we are able to pick out these users and pushes your products into their product feed. Users can then save your products and share them with friends. From there, it's a snowball effect: The more popular your product becomes, the more it shows up in users' feeds.
2. How do I know if my products are selected to be promoted products?
In addition to an email notification, your products selected to be promoted products will have a yellow diamond badge on the Merchant Dashboard Products > View All Products page, as shown below:
3. What are the limitations on promoted products?
The Merchant Policy 3 - Product Promotion governs Wish's policies around promoted products.
Specifically, during the period your products are promoted, you are unable to:
- Edit your main image
- Edit your additional images
- Edit your product title
- Edit your product description
- Engages in extreme price increase (per Merchant Policy 3.1)
- Lower your inventory (unless within an acceptable range per Merchant Policy 3.2)
- Add new variations
4. What should I do if I want to change my product price, shipping price, images, product description, or inventory for a promoted product?
When products are uploaded merchants are encouraged to enter accurate information for the entirety of their products, from images, to product description, to shipping price, and inventory. This is encouraged because Wish’s back-end algorithm must effectively promote relevant products to the right consumers.
We do not allow merchants to update products once they are promoted (see Merchant Policy 3.3). Merchants are allowed to update their product price or shipping price (price increase is subject to Merchant Policy 3.1), or increase their inventory levels for a promoted product, but merchants cannot decrease inventory levels while your products are being promoted unless the decrease is within the acceptable range as allowed by Merchant Policy 3.2.
5. How can I stop my products from being promoted?
We do not encourage amending your products once promoted. As our algorithm regularly runs multiple campaigns to drive greater impressions of promoted products, we require that promoted products be available for purchase during the promoted period.