As the Year of Dragon approaches, we want to thank you for your support of Wish in 2023. We hope that everyone has a happy 2024 Chinese New Year, and we wish you good health and best luck in this coming year!
Wish provides various features and solutions to help you prepare for the holiday. In this article, we specifically address the following to help you optimize your operations during the holiday:
- Vacation Settings Feature Updates and Setting Types Available to Merchants
- Make All Warehouse(s) Operational
- Extension Mode: “Apply to Primary warehouse only” or “Apply to all warehouse(s)”
- Pause Mode: “Apply to Primary warehouse only” or “Apply to all warehouse(s)”
- Advanced Logistics Program Preparation
- Uni-Inventory Program Preparation
- WishPost 3PL Carriers Holiday Schedules
Please note that this article will be frequently updated throughout the next few days/weeks leading up to the 2024 Chinese New Year holiday, so please be sure to check back regularly for any new information.
Vacation Settings Feature Updates
Setting types available to merchants
Having heard your requests for a more comprehensive Vacation Settings feature, this year we added back the pause warehouse(s) operation features to the Vacation Settings page. Therefore, you can choose to extend your order fulfillment timeline (up to seven calendar days) or pause the operation of your warehouse(s) for the designated dates.
If you would like to update your Vacation Settings during the upcoming holiday, please log into the Merchant Dashboard and navigate to Settings > Vacation > Vacation Settings page and select one of the following options for the store, as needed:
|Make all warehouse(s) operational
|This is the default option selected for you, which means all orders will be subject to the Merchant Policy "Fulfillment" timeline of marking orders as “shipped” within five calendar days after the order release time.
|Extension: Apply to Primary warehouse only
This option will extend the fulfillment timeline for all your orders from the Primary warehouse. You may designate your vacation period between one to seven calendar days and orders for products in your Primary warehouse will have extended fulfillment timelines based on the length of your vacation. Note that customers will also see later estimated delivery dates.
Orders from your Secondary warehouse(s) will not receive any fulfillment timeline extensions, and the standard fulfillment timeline will apply.
|Extension: Apply to all warehouse(s)
|If you select this option, orders for all your products will have extended fulfillment timelines based on the length of your vacation (between one to seven calendar days). Customers will see later estimated delivery dates.
|Pause: Apply to Primary warehouse only
|If you would like to pause the operations of your Primary warehouse during your vacation, you may leverage this option to only sell products in your Secondary warehouse(s) for a certain period of time. You are required to designate a start and end date.
|Pause: Apply to all warehouse(s)
|If you would like to pause the operations of all your warehouse(s) for a certain period of time, you may select this option. You are required to designate a start and end date.
- You may still receive orders after selecting the pause mode. These orders are placed before your store is set to pause. Wish may hold orders for up to eight hours before showing it to you for review purposes.
- Both the extension and pause mode require you to select the start and end date before you can save the vacation settings. The pause mode has no limits on the dates you selected, but the extension mode only allows you to designate your vacation period between one to seven calendar days. Additionally, the overall vacation days you set for the extension mode will be calculated together and the maximum number of days you can extend is seven calendar days in one calendar month.
- Based on the number of days you set, the extension mode will automatically extend the fulfillment timeline to your orders released during the your designated vacation time frame and shipped from your Primary warehouse or all warehouse(s). Detailed adjustments are as follows:
- An extension of one to seven calendar days will apply to the standard five-calendar-day mark shipped timeline (per Merchant Policy 5.1), 168-hour or 336-hour confirmed fulfilled timeline (per Merchant Policy 5.3) and X-calendar-day confirmed delivered timeline (per Merchant Policy 7.6.3).
- The order’s estimated arrival time shown to customers will extend accordingly.
- If Advanced Logistics Program or EPC Blue orders are delivered to the corresponding warehouses within the extended fulfillment timeline from order release time, the late arrival fee outlined in Merchant Policy 5.8 (for Advanced Logistics Program orders) will be exempted.
- Wish Standards’ confirmed fulfillment speed will be adjusted accordingly. (Note that all other Wish Standards’ performance metrics will not be adjusted.)
Configure vacation settings for 2024 Chinese New Year store operations
1. Log in to the Merchant Dashboard, go to the navigation in the top left corner, and follow the path Settings > Vacation > Vacation Settings page. By default, “Make all warehouse(s) operational” is selected.
2. Click “Edit Vacation Settings” and you will be able to select “Extension” or “Pause” mode in the popup modal that follows. Select the setting type “Apply to Primary warehouse only” or “Apply to all warehouse(s),” and then designate a start and end date for your vacation as needed.
Once again, the pause mode has no limits on the dates you selected, but the extension mode only allows you to designate your vacation period between one to seven calendar days.
3. Click “Save” and the next page will display the vacation setting.
You can click “Turn Off all Vacation Settings” to return your vacation settings from “Extension” or “Pause” mode to “Make all warehouse(s) operational.” Once your vacation settings are returned to “Make all warehouse(s) operational,” all orders will be subject to the Merchant Policy "Fulfillment" timeline of marking orders as “shipped” within five calendar days after the order release time.
You may update your vacation settings at any time. The updated vacation settings will apply only to orders released after the time you make the update.
Advanced Logistics Program Preparation
We strongly encourage you to fulfill your Advanced Logistics Program orders as quickly as possible during the upcoming holiday to provide fast and reliable delivery to your customers around the globe.
If you want to utilize the Advanced Logistics Program’s pickup carrier Wise and HUB program during the holiday, please note:
• Advance appointments are required for Wise's pickup service. If you want to use Wise’s pickup service between February 9 and February 15, please be sure to contact Wise’s customer service and make appointments before February 5, 2024, 6:30 PM, Beijing Time.
• HUB program will operate as normal during the holiday, so you may consider leveraging it for the first-mile delivery of your Advanced Logistics Program orders.
Please visit the detailed operational plans for Advanced Logistics Program’s pickup carrier Wise and HUB transit warehouses to learn more.
WishPost Uni-Inventory Program Preparation
Uni-Inventory Program can be especially helpful for you to fulfill orders during the upcoming holiday, as it will continue to offer the following benefits:
• Efficient inventory management and order fulfillment services
• Weekly Bulk Outbound Subsidy (50% to 100% off)
• Logistics refund assurance to protect you against refunds that are outside of your control
From February 10 to February 18, Uni-Inventory products will also have the opportunity to be showcased via exclusive in-app banners and gain additional product impressions.
If you plan to leverage the program during the holiday, please prepare for and deliver sufficient inventory to the Uni-Inventory warehouse in advance.
To learn more about the program, along with the above benefits, please visit the program's homepage.
WishPost 3PL Carriers Holiday Schedules
Various WishPost shipping carriers have updated their operational plans due to the holiday schedule. Please check the detailed holiday schedules to learn more.
Please stay tuned and check back often as details may be subject to changes.