Two step verification adds an extra layer of security to protect your account. It works by requiring you to enter a code sent to your phone when you login. With Two step verification, if someone steals your password, they will still need your phone to access your account.
Setup Two Step Verification
Make sure you have your phone that is associated with your Merchant Wish account. If you have changed phone numbers, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to change it.
- Go to the settings page to begin setup of two step verification.
- Click Setup to start setup.
- Enter the SMS verification code sent to your phone and click 'Enable two step verification'. If you are not able to receive the SMS verification code, please contact your carrier.
- After two factor have been enabled, you should get a list of back up codes that you can use if SMS codes do not work. You should keep these backup codes where safe but accessible in case you need to use them. Each backup code can only be used once but you can generate new codes if you need more.
- Now, when you login to a new device or browser, you will need to enter the code sent to your phone after a code has been sent to it.
Disable Two Step Verification
If you are having problems logging in:
- Go to the settings page.
- Click disable two step verification.
- Click Turn Off in the confirmation modal
If you have lost your phone or are unable to receive a code:
Try entering your backup codes if you have them saved somewhere. If that does not work, you should contact your BD with a picture of government ID attached and ask them to disable two step verification on your account. You will then be able to login without two step verification.
If you have changed your phone number:
Make sure your phone with your new phone number has SMS and short code capabilities and you have access to it.
- Go to settings page to change your phone number.
- Enter your new phone number
- Click "Send code" to get a code send to your phone
- Enter the code sent to your phone and click "Change phone number" to finish.
- If you cannot receive the code, please contact your carrier. Your phone number's short code feature may have been turned off.