1. Penalty Policies for Non-Compliant Wish Express Orders -- Overview
Two types of penalties for U.S. Wish Express orders:
Type 1: A Wish Express order will not be eligible for payment if the order has not been confirmed delivered by the carrier before the end of the fifth working day after the on-time delivery requirement. For example, U.S. Wish Express orders must be confirmed delivered by the carrier within 10 working days. Wish suggests that merchants check the merchant dashboard everyday and file disputes in a timely manner.
Merchants can click the link in ‘Wish Express Performance’ to check details on this type of penalty (in the red zone):
Type 2: Late delivery orders will be fined by 20% of the order value or $5 USD, whichever is greater. For confirmed shipped US orders, a flat exemption of 1% Wish Express Total Order Value will be applied. For the confirmed shipped orders to the rest of the countries, a flat exemption of 2% of Wish Express Total Order Value will be applied and calculated on a per-country basis. The measurement period is weekly, starting on Mondays and ending on Sundays. The Wish merchant dashboard will be updated with penalty details every Monday (UTC time).
Merchants can click the link in ‘Wish Express performance’ to check details on this of penalty (in the yellow zone):
Merchants may file disputes for non-compliant Wish Express orders within 6 calendar days from receiving the Penalty details. The specific dispute types and process are mentioned in sections 2 and 3 below.
Note that non-compliant Wish Express orders are defined as orders that are not confirmed delivered by carriers within 5 working days of the orders being released to the merchant for fulfillment, unless specified otherwise in certain countries.
- From Jan. 1, 2018 to Jan. 7, 2018, Merchant A received 100 Wish Express orders shipped to United States. 4 of the orders are not in compliance with the Wish Express confirmed delivery policy.
- Non-compliant order 1: confirmed delivered in 6 working days.
- Non-compliant order 2: confirmed delivered in 7 working days.
- Non-compliant order 3: confirmed delivered in 8 working days.
- Non-compliant order 4: confirmed delivered in 11 working days.
The Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Rate of Merchant A is 96%, which is in compliance with the Wish Express Requirements. However, the 4 non-compliant orders are not eligible for payment due to late confirmed delivery.
- From Jan. 1, 2018 to Jan. 7, 2018, Merchant B received 100 Wish Express orders shipped to United States. 12 of the orders are not in compliance with the Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Policy.
- Non-compliant orders 1-9: confirmed delivered in 6 working days.
- Non-compliant order 10: confirmed delivered in 11 working days.
- Non-compliant order 11: was not confirmed delivered.
- Non-compliant order 12: was refunded before fulfillment by merchant.
The Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Rate of Merchant B is 88%, which will trigger an infraction. The non-compliant orders 10-12 are not eligible for payment due to late confirmed delivery. The non-compliant orders 1-5 will not be fined. However, each of the non-compliant orders 6-9 will be fined 20% of the order value or $5 as a penalty for non-compliance to the Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Policy.
2. How can I dispute the following...?
- A discrepancy between the confirmed delivery date on Wish and carrier websites.
- Please provide screenshots of carrier websites that prove the order was confirmed delivery in accordance with the policy requirement.
- Incomplete or inaccurate customer addresses.
- Please provide screenshots from carrier websites that prove the order was confirmed delivery in accordance with the policy requirement, or a screenshot that proves the product was returned by the same route.
- Orders created from PO Box, APO, FPO or areas that Wish Express cannot reach.
- Please provide the customer address and screenshots from carrier websites that provide evidence of end-to-end tracking.
- Late confirmed delivery resulted from customer actions, such as no one at the customer address being home and available to receive the shipment.
- Please provide screenshots from carrier websites that prove the carrier attempted to deliver the order and had it been received by the customer the shipment would have been in compliance with the policy requirement.
- Force majeure, which includes extreme weather, labor strike, etc.
- Please provide a screenshot from the carrier’s website to prove that the shipment delay was caused by a force majeure incident.
- System issues affecting shipping carriers.
- Please provide evidence that proves the shipping carrier would have met the requirements of Wish Express had it not been for system issues. In addition, provide screenshots that prove the shipping carrier did not update tracking information in time for the order to meet the Wish Express policy requirement.
3. How to File A Dispute
Type 1: Wish Express orders that are not confirmed delivered within 10 working days
Merchants should click the link “Click here to view non-compliant orders” in the red module on the Wish Express Performance page to go to the penalty detail page. Merchants should then click on the question mark on the "Non-compliant Wish Express" label for non-compliant orders, and click the option "Click here to file a tracking dispute" to dispute.
Type 2: Wish Express orders that are not confirmed delivered within 5 working days
Merchants should click on the link in the yellow module on the Wish Express Performance page to go to the Wish Express non-compliant orders penalty detail page. Each non-compliant Wish Express order has the “file dispute” button next to it--merchants can click on this button to dispute the penalty.
The details of Wish Express non-compliant orders are as follows:
- Non-Compliant Rate is the U.S. Wish Express non-compliant rate in current period. If it exceeds 10%, it will be counted as a violation and the merchant account will be removed from the Wish Express program. Each merchant account has only two opportunities in total to apply for the Wish Express program. After exceeding the limit, the account will be permanently ineligible for the Wish Express program.
- Estimated Total Fine Amount is the estimated fine amount. After the merchant files disputes for non-compliant orders, the fine amount and the non-compliant rate might change according to the final dispute result.
- For Wish Express non-compliant orders, the first 5% of orders (determined chronologically) will be exempt from penalties. Merchants are still able to dispute the exempted late orders in order to reduce the non-compliance rate and fine.
For both types of non-compliant orders, if the merchant files a dispute, the orders will then be routed through the tracking dispute process:
- If the merchant confirms that the order was shipped, but the delivery time provided by the third-party carrier is not consistent with that captured by Wish, please select the first two checkboxes for tracking disputes, and provide evidence via screenshots.
- For Wish Express orders, there are other circumstances that may exempt the order and the merchant from penalties (see Section 2 for details). Merchants can mention these circumstances when filing a dispute.
- The Wish Merchant compliance team will review the dispute within 1-3 days after it is submitted. Once the dispute is approved, the relevant fine will be cancelled in the final fine report.
It should be noted that the merchant needs to file disputes within 6 calendar days after the infraction is generated. A dispute submitted 11 days after the infraction is generated will not affect the final fine report, even if the dispute is approved. Merchants are required to monitor late arrival orders and file disputes in time.