1. Penalty Policies for Non-Compliant Wish Express Orders -- Overview
Three types of penalties for Wish Express orders:
Type 1: A Wish Express order will not be eligible for payment if the order has not been confirmed delivered by the carrier before the end of the fifth working day after the on-time delivery requirement. For example, U.S. Wish Express orders must be confirmed delivered by the carrier within 10 working days. Wish suggests that merchants check the merchant dashboard everyday and file disputes in a timely manner.
Merchants can click the link in ‘Wish Express Performance’ to check details on this type of penalty:
Type 2: Late delivery orders will be fined by 20% of the order value or $5 USD, whichever is greater. For confirmed shipped US orders, a flat exemption of 1% Wish Express Total Order Value will be applied. For the confirmed shipped orders to the rest of the countries, a flat exemption of 2% of Wish Express Total Order Value will be applied and calculated on a per-country basis. The measurement period is weekly, starting on Mondays and ending on Sundays. The Wish merchant dashboard will be updated with penalty details every Monday (UTC time).
Merchants can click the link in ‘Wish Express performance’ to check details on this of penalty:
Type 3: All Wish Express orders must be fulfilled within 5 working days from order released date. Wish Express orders that are confirmed shipped by the carrier later than 168 hours (7 calendar days) from the order released time will be subject to the Late Confirmed Fulfillment Policy 5.5 and fined 20% of the order value, or $1, whichever is greater. Note that this policy is only applicable to confirmed fulfilled orders where (merchant price per item + shipping price per item) is less than $100. However, if a Wish Express order is confirmed delivery by the carrier within the required arrival time frame, the fine will be reversed.
Orders refunded due to the merchant being unable to fulfill are considered pre-fulfillment cancellation, which includes both auto-refunded orders due to late fulfillment and merchant-initiated cancellation and/or refunds due to merchant’s inability to fulfill for any reason. Based on Wish Fulfillment Policy, merchant will be fined $50 per auto-refund due to late Wish Express fulfillment, and $2 per violating order for merchant-initiated cancellation and/or refunds prior to fulfillment due to inability to ship for any reason.
Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate is defined as the percentage of Wish Express orders which are pre-fulfillment cancellations over total Wish Express orders in the measurement period (as defined in type 2 above), and is measured on a per-country basis. A merchant will be suspended from shipping Wish Express to the destination countries where weekly Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate is ≥10% for the most recent measurement period. Merchants will receive an infraction warning on the suspension, and will be suspended from Wish Express in the destination countries. To view the infraction, merchants can click on Infractions > Action Required to view the details:
Merchants may file disputes for non-compliant Wish Express orders within 11 calendar days from receiving the Penalty details. The specific dispute types and process are mentioned in sections 2 and 3 below.
Note that non-compliant Wish Express orders are defined as orders that are not confirmed delivered by carriers within 5 working days of the orders being released to the merchant for fulfillment, unless specified otherwise in certain countries. Orders that are not fulfilled within 5 working days, confirmed shipped by carrier within 168 hours, along with ≥10% weekly Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate during the most recent measurement period are also considered non-compliant. These non-compliant orders are subject to distinct penalty types and Wish policies, and can accumulate independently from each other.
Example 1: From Feb. 11, 2019 to Feb. 17, 2019 (Monday to Sunday measurement period), Merchant A received 100 Wish Express orders shipped to United States. 4 of the orders are not in compliance with the Wish Express confirmed delivery policy.
- Non-compliant order 1: confirmed delivered in 6 working days.
- Non-compliant order 2: confirmed delivered in 7 working days.
- Non-compliant order 3: confirmed delivered in 8 working days.
- Non-compliant order 4: confirmed delivered in 11 working days.
The Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Rate of Merchant A is 96%, which is in compliance with the Wish Express Requirements. However, the 4 non-compliant orders are not eligible for payment due to late confirmed delivery.
Example 2: From Feb. 11, 2019 to Feb. 17, 2019, Merchant B received 100 Wish Express orders shipped to United States. 12 of the orders are not in compliance with the Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Policy.
- Non-compliant orders 1-9: confirmed delivered in 6 working days.
- Non-compliant order 10: confirmed delivered in 11 working days.
- Non-compliant order 11: was not confirmed delivered.
- Non-compliant order 12: was refunded before fulfillment by merchant.
The Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Rate of Merchant B is 88%, which will trigger an infraction. The non-compliant orders 10-12 are not eligible for payment due to late confirmed delivery. The non-compliant orders 1-5 will not be fined. However, each of the non-compliant orders 6-9 will be fined 20% of the order value or $5 as a penalty for non-compliance to the Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Policy.
Example 3: From Feb. 11, 2019 to Feb. 17, 2019, Merchant C received 25 FR Wish Express orders, and another 25 U.S. Wish Express orders. 5 FR orders and 1 U.S. order are pre-fulfillment cancellations:
- Order 1, destination FR, not fulfilled in 5 working days, and therefore auto-refunded.
- Order 2, destination FR, not fulfilled in 5 working days, and therefore auto-refunded.
- Order 3, destination FR, not fulfilled in 5 working days, and therefore auto-refunded.
- Order 4, destination FR, cancelled and refunded by merchants in 2 working days due to store’s inability to ship.
- Order 5, destination FR, cancelled and refunded by merchants in 2 working days due to store’s inability to ship.
- Order 1, destination U.S., not fulfilled in 5 working days, and therefore auto-refunded.
- All fulfilled orders arrive on time based on Wish Express Confirmed Delivery Policy (within 6 working days for France and 5 working days for the United States).
The Wish Express weekly Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate of Merchant C during this measurement period is (3+2)/25 = 20% for FR Wish Express, which is above the 10% threshold to be qualified for continuing enrollment in FR Wish Express. Merchant C will receive an infraction, and enrollment in Wish Express FR will be suspended. In addition, Merchant C will also receive the following fines for non-compliant FR Wish Express orders:
- $50 fine per auto-refund for the 3 orders shipped to France, which is a total of $50 * 3 = $150.
- $2 per merchant-cancelled / refunded order prior to fulfillment, which is a total of $2 * 2 = $4.
In contrast, Merchant C’s weekly Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate for Wish Express orders shipped to the U.S. during this time period is 1/25 = 4%, which is in compliance with Wish Express Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate Requirement. Merchants will not be suspended from shipping Wish Express to the United States, but will be fined $50 for the 1 auto-refund due to late fulfillment. No late arrival penalty is applicable, as all fulfilled orders are confirmed delivery on time.
2. How can I dispute the following...?
- A discrepancy between the confirmed delivery date on Wish and carrier websites.
- Please provide screenshots of carrier websites that prove the order was confirmed delivery in accordance with the policy requirement.
- Incomplete or inaccurate customer addresses.
- Please provide screenshots from carrier websites that prove the order was confirmed delivery in accordance with the policy requirement, or a screenshot that proves the product was returned by the same route.
- Orders created from PO Box, APO, FPO or areas that Wish Express cannot reach.
- Please provide the customer address and screenshots from carrier websites that provide evidence of end-to-end tracking.
- Late confirmed delivery resulted from customer actions, such as no one at the customer address being home and available to receive the shipment.
- Please provide screenshots from carrier websites that prove the carrier attempted to deliver the order and had it been received by the customer the shipment would have been in compliance with the policy requirement.
- Force majeure, which includes extreme weather, labor strike, etc.
- Please provide a screenshot from the carrier’s website to prove that the shipment delay was caused by a force majeure incident.
- System issues affecting shipping carriers.
- Please provide evidence that proves the shipping carrier would have met the requirements of Wish Express had it not been for system issues. In addition, provide screenshots that prove the shipping carrier did not update tracking information in time for the order to meet the Wish Express policy requirement.
3. How to File A Dispute
Type 1: Wish Express orders that are not confirmed delivered before the end of the fifth working day after the on-time delivery requirement.
Merchants should click the link “Click here to view non-compliant orders” on the Wish Express Performance page to go to the Fines Overview page. Merchants should click on “Dispute” on the right hand side of the table:
Type 2: Wish Express orders that are not confirmed delivered within 5 working days
Merchants should click the link “Click here to view non-compliant orders” on the Wish Express Performance page to go to the penalty detail page. Merchants can click on “File Dispute” in the “Action” column of the table and dispute the penalty:
Type 3: Weekly Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate is ≥10%
To dispute Wish Express enrollment suspension due to ≥10% Wish Express weekly Pre-Fulfillment Cancellation Rate for specific countries, merchants should navigate to Infractions > Action Required section to locate the specific infraction. For example:
Click on the “View” button for infraction details. At the bottom of the Infraction Details page, merchants have the ability to dispute infraction and re-enable their enrollment for Wish Express in the specific countries:
This allows merchants to provide evidence that they did not cancel orders before fulfillment or indeed fulfilled orders within 5 calendar days.
- If the current-period With Express non-compliant rate exceeds 10% for specific destination countries, it will be counted as a violation and the merchant enrollment will be suspended from the Wish Express program for these countries. Merchant can re-apply for Wish Express immediately after suspension. However, if a merchant has previously been suspended three times for U.S. Wish Express, or five times for EU Wish Express, the merchant will be permanently removed from Wish Express in the corresponding country/countries.
- Estimated Total Fine Amount is the estimated fine amount. After the merchant files disputes for non-compliant orders, the fine amount and the non-compliant rate might change according to the final dispute result.
- For late arrival orders, a flat 1% exemption will be applied to the fine amount. Merchants are still able to dispute the exempted late orders in order to reduce the non-compliance rate and fine.
For type 1 and type 2 non-compliant orders outlined above, if the merchant files a dispute, the orders will then be routed through the tracking dispute process:
- If the merchant confirms that the order was shipped, but the delivery time provided by the third-party carrier is not consistent with that captured by Wish, please select the first checkbox for tracking disputes, and provide evidence via screenshots.
- For Wish Express orders, there are other circumstances that may exempt the order and the merchant from penalties (see Section 2 for details). Merchants can mention these circumstances when filing a dispute.
- The Wish Merchant compliance team will review the dispute within 1-3 days after it is submitted. Once the dispute is approved, the relevant fine will be cancelled in the final fine report.
It should be noted that the merchant needs to file disputes within 11 calendar days after the infraction is generated. A dispute submitted 11 calendar days after the infraction is generated will not affect the final fine report, even if the dispute is approved. Merchants are required to monitor late arrival orders and pre-fulfillment cancellations and file disputes in time.