Merchants with a U.S. or European return address may enroll their products for returns from U.S. or European customers, respectively. If a customer requests a refund, the customer will be asked to return the product to the return address the merchant specified.
What products are eligible for this program?
Products with Logistics information in Wish are eligible for this program. Currently, enrolled products that are shipped to the United States and certain European countries will be eligible for return. In particular,
- For U.S. return, merchants must have a return warehouse in the U.S. if they wish to receive returns for U.S.-based customers. Only products shipped to the U.S. will be returned to the U.S. warehouse when a refund is requested.
- For EU return, merchants can have a return warehouse in any of the European countries listed in this FAQ (see Which European countries does the Returns Program support? below) in order to receive returns from customers also based in any of the European countries listed here. There's no need for merchant's return warehouse country to completely match order-originating country in order for EU returns to be applicable.
What information do I need to provide in order to enroll my products in this program?
To enroll products into the Wish Returns Program for U.S. orders and returns, merchants must provide the following information:
- A U.S. return address
- Logistics information per product (weight, height, width, length)
As for EU orders and returns, merchants who wish to enroll in the Returns Program must provide the following information:
- A EU return warehouse address, phone number and email address
- Logistics information per product (weight, height, width, length)
Once products are enrolled for returns, U.S. customers who request refunds based on one of the qualified reasons (for example, quality-related issues) will be required to return the enrolled product to the merchant's U.S. return address before a refund is issued. Customers will use a prepaid return shipping label generated by Wish based on the product’s logistics information. The return shipping label fee will be deducted from the merchant’s account balance.
You can learn more about how to add Logistics information for your products in this FAQ here.
Which European countries does the Returns Program support?
The Wish Returns Program supports merchant return warehouses within the following European countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
The Wish Returns Program supports returns from customers who are located in the following European countries:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
In order to participate in the EU Returns Program, merchants need to have a return address in the supported countries listed above. In addition, customers also need to be based in the countries on this list in order to return their products.
I had products enrolled in the Wish Express U.S. Returns program. Will those products still be enrolled for returns to my U.S. return address?
Yes. In May 2018, the U.S. Returns Program expanded the scope of and thus, replaced the Wish Express U.S. Returns Program. Products that were enrolled in Wish Express U.S. Returns were automatically rolled into the Returns Program for U.S. orders. Merchants are recommended to update their enrolled products’ logistics information so that the prepaid shipping label accurately reflects the return fee moving forward.
How do I enable returns for my products?
Merchants are able to enable Returns either manually on Merchant Dashboard or via API.
**Enable Returns on Merchant Dashboard**
On the Merchant Dashboard, navigate to the Products > View All Products page.
Merchants have the option to either enroll products for Returns individually, or in bulk. Note that if merchants use the bulk-enroll option, this will update the Returns settings for all of their eligible products with Logistics information, including any that are already enrolled for Returns. If merchants use the bulk-enroll option for the U.S. returns, only the U.S. returns settings for their products will be updated; similar logic applies to EU returns. See below “Enabling Returns for products in bulk” on how to use the bulk-enroll option.
Enabling Returns for products individually
1.On the Merchant Dashboard, navigate to Products > View All Products. For the product that you would like to enroll into the Returns Program, click “Enroll” under the “Returns Enrolled column:
2. Then you’ll be directed to the Wish Returns Program Terms of Service page. Click “Agree” to continue:
3. If you have not yet added logistics information for the product, you will be prompted to do so next. You can enter logistics information either manually for the selected product, by uploading CSV for multiple products, or by using API to upload for multiple products. You can learn more about how to add Logistics information for your products in this FAQ here.
Note that for EU returns, if a product is beyond a specific dimension limit, it is not returnable through Wish. You’ll still be able to save the dimension information, but you’ll receive a warning message in Step 4 below if you enter a EU return warehouse address, and you won’t be able to proceed with enrolling the product into the Returns Program for EU. The dimension limit for EU returns is:
Once all information is filled out, please click the “Save and Next” button.
4. Next, you’ll be prompted to enter the return warehouse address. Select a region of your return warehouse (the U.S. or EU), and fill out the rest of the information:
Note that if your return warehouse address is in EU, you’re required to provide a phone number and email address in this step. This information is not required for U.S. return warehouse address.
If the logistics information you entered in Step 3 above exceeds the dimension limit for EU returns, you’ll receive a warning message after filling out the EU address for your return warehouse on this page:
Because your product dimension exceeds the maximum measurements acceptable to enable EU warehouse returns, you won’t be able to enroll this product for EU returns at the moment.
5. After you correctly enter your return warehouse address, you’ll be able to review the return warehouse address and select one for your EU or U.S. returns. You also have the option to add new return warehouse on this page as you’re able to enroll one product for multiple return warehouses:
Note that Wish also provides merchants with a return label estimate on this page, so you are aware of the approximate fees that will be deducted from your account balance per customer return. Click “Save and Next” to proceed.
6. Your product now has returns enabled! The next page will show you a summary of the product logistics information, a return label estimate, and the corresponding return warehouse address for your review:
You’re also able to access the above summary page for your product by navigating to Products > View All Products and select “View” under the “Returns Enrolled” column for the product you’ve already enrolled into the Wish Returns Program:
Alternatively, you can also navigate to the “Actions” column on the right handside, click on “Actions” dropdown and select “View returns setting” to view the same information above:
Enabling Returns for products in bulk
From your “View return setting” view above, navigate to the “Warehouse Address” section, and click “Edit”:
In the next step, select the return warehouse address you would like to use for enrolling all of your eligible products with Logistics information, including any that are already enrolled for the Returns Program. Simply click the “Apply this warehouse for all my eligible products” checkbox:
Click “Save and Next”, and confirm your update in the popup model that follows by clicking “Submit”:
Once you have confirmed the updates that will be made in bulk to all your eligible products with Logistics information, please allow up to a few minutes for the updates to reflect on your Merchant Dashboard.
**Enable Returns via API**
Effective June 12, 2019, merchants are able to carry out the above tasks via API. API endpoints to intake are:
- SET product returns-related logistics info (length, width, height, weight)
- Can set product-level logistics info
- Can set variation-level logistics info
- GET product logistics info
- Can get product-level logistics info
- Can get variation-level logistics info
- SET enroll product in returns
- Updates product return settings
- GET product return settings
- Where returns is enabled, shows which warehouses are associated with the product
- GET all return warehouses
- SET create return warehouse
- SET edit return warehouse
- SET disable product in returns
- A product that has previously been enrolled will be unenrolled
The above external API will help merchants more easily leverage the Wish Returns Program to provide the best customer experience and improve logistics efficiency. Learn more about these API updates in the Returns API documentation here.
How do I view my pending Returns?
On the Merchant Dashboard, navigate to Orders > Returns:
The Returns page allows you to view the status of each customer return, and filter by Refunded returns and Pending returns.
In addition, by clicking on the number under the “Return Id” column, you are directed to a Returns Details page, where you can view the history or the detailed status of the return:
Note that for the “Confirmed Shipment” section under “History”, you may see two legs of Tracking ID (Tracking ID 1 and Tracking ID 2). When the customer and merchant warehouse are located within the same country, you’ll only see 1 leg of tracking (as shown in the screenshot example above). When the customer and merchant warehouse are located in different countries (in the case of EU returns), Tracking ID 1 indicates shipment from the customer to a Wish-operated consolidation center; and Tracking ID 2 indicates shipment from the consolidation center to the merchant’s return warehouse address. The turnaround time between these two legs of shipment is approximately 1-2 business days.
How do I open a dispute for customer return fraud?
From the Orders > Returns page, click on Actions > Open Dispute for the returned order that you intend to dispute:
In the dispute form that follows, provide all required information and click “Submit”:
Please allow up to a few days for a Wish representative to review your dispute and reply.
How do I unenroll my products from the Wish Returns Program?
You may unenroll your products from the Wish Returns Program either manually or via the API /api/v2/returns/disable-return-setting-for-region.
To unenroll products from the Returns Program manually, please visit the Products > View All Products page of your Merchant Dashboard, navigate to the “Actions” column on the right hand side of the product you’d like to unenroll, click on the “Actions” dropdown menu, and select “View returns setting”:
On the page that follows, click the “Disable Returns” button for this product that’s currently enrolled in the Returns Program:
Click “Confirm” on the popup modal after you confirm you’d like to disable returns for this product (i.e. unenroll this product from the Returns Program):
This product is now unenrolled from the Returns Program (i.e. “Returns Disabled”):