No matter how long you have been with Wish, ProductBoost can help your large, medium or small business grow. ProductBoost plays an essential role for your success at Wish.
To help you get the most out of your ProductBoost campaigns, we have prepared the following best practices:
- Product Images
- Product Selection
- Keywords Strategy
- Bids and Budgets
- Experimentation and Optimization
1. Product Images
Wish is a mobile-optimized platform, therefore pictures of your product listing are extremely important.
- Have an attractive main picture. Main picture is the first thing shoppers see, and it is what gets shoppers to click on your listing. Therefore, make sure your product’s main picture is attractive and stands out, is in good quality and not misleading.
- Your main picture and other pictures should be effective. For instance, if it is not easy to tell what your product does, it might be helpful to include related usages or applications in the pictures. Here is an example of a successful product in ProductBoost.
We can see that for the above product - watermelon slicer, the main picture includes watermelon and other fruits, as well as a picture of someone slicing the watermelon.
- Be descriptive if necessary. Sometimes, noting the important things on the pictures are helpful, such as points that are hard to tell from the pictures. Selling points to think about are: What does your product do? What makes your product unique or a better buy vs. competitors?
- Including other variants might help. For example, if you are selling a product with multiple colors, try to include your products of multiple colors in the main picture or other pictures.
Before a customer makes a purchase, they want to know what they are buying.
Product images that illustrate all facets of your product helps shoppers make confident, informed purchases. Here are a few things a great product image can accomplish:
- It grabs the attention of shoppers and compels them to click—and to buy
- It displays the product clearly
- It communicates important information about size, color, and materials
- It captures the purpose of the product
- It helps shoppers imagine the product in their lives
2. Product Choices
To achieve the best outcome in ProductBoost, pick the right products. We suggest good quality products with a lot of sales potential. This includes:
- Best sellers
- New listings or moderate performers: ProductBoost can provide a great lift in exposures and sales
- Products that see success on other platforms
- Trending, in-season products with a lot of demand
- Products that our platform does not have, products that are “fresh” to Wish users
- Products that you would like to run promotional sales or that are on sale
- Products that you specialize in and have a competitive edge (i.e., good domain knowledge, better price and quality)
Other tips to consider:
- Study similar products or similar product categories on Wish for a sense of how to increase sales performance
- Adopt good and reasonable pricing strategies to maintain your competitive advantage on the platform
3. Keywords Strategy
Selecting the right keywords increases the opportunity for your ProductBoost products to be shown.
- Make sure your keywords are relevant and accurate. You should think about how our users will search on our platform and how other merchants will choose their keywords. Popular keywords such as "dress" and "fashion", will definitely have a high search volume; however, they can also be very competitive. If you do not have the best product for those keywords, it is unlikely they will do well. Keywords should be relevant and more specific, so that conversion rate can be higher.
- Be creative if necessary. Although we do spell check, auto-complete, and auto-correction, there are still tons of typos a user might type on their mobile device. You can take advantage of that by bidding on common typos where competition might be low. Our platform is also an international marketplace, with many users around the world. So if you know translations of popular search keywords (that are relevant to your product), you might want to take advantage of that as well. You can read more in our Keywords Guide.
Above is an example of a successful product on ProductBoost. Its sales grew by 1553% within a month after launching ProductBoost! The product’s keywords are accurate and relevant: soundbar, tv soundbar, home theater, bluetooth soundbar.
4. Bids and Budgets
- Set a reasonable bid. If your bid is too low, we can't show your ad. Increasing the amount we can bid for you isn't the only way to become more competitive, but it's a powerful way that you have direct control over. We suggest that when you choose your bid, take into consideration of the suggested bid, and the keywords you choose. You can refer to our Keywords Tool to find the suggested bid based on some of the keywords.
- Allocate enough budget based on your bid. A high bid without a high budget, or a high budget without a high bid won't win you the competition. A rule of thumb is that your budget should allow you to allocate at least tens of thousands of impressions per product per week. And once this is satisfied, you want to push your bid as high as possible to win the competition.
- Consider your competitive advantage. We suggest selecting keywords that fit your budget, if your budget is limiting your bids, you might not be able to win impressions on very popular, high-traffic keywords. If the competition is too high for certain keywords, think about other relevant but less competitive keywords. The system will always reward products with higher bids, higher budgets, better conversion rate, and more relevant keywords.
5. Experimentation and Optimization
Above practices might have different applications for different merchants and products. Take advantage and invest time in experimentation and testing different components, you can learn and optimize your campaigns to achieve success in ProductBoost.
Following are a few best practices for experimentation:
- Set up multiple campaigns to run simultaneously
- Change one component, such as main picture, or bid at a time
- Run the experiment for at least a reasonable amount of time, suggest at least 1 week
- Identify winning elements from each experiment and optimize
For the above merchant Yiwu Guan Yuan Enterprise, sales increased 771% after using ProductBoost. The sales continued to climb even after ProductBoost campaigns completed.
Remember, the goal of ProductBoost is to provide an equal playing field for all merchants, no matter where you are, what language you speak, when you join, and what size of your business. The merchants who put diligent efforts in working together with our platform to deliver the best value to our customers are rewarded.
Investing in ProductBoost is investing in your business and your success on the Wish platform.
Want to learn more? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions section for more tips on how to optimize your campaigns.
Ready to get started? ProductBoost is available to all Wish merchants, and you can get started here immediately.