Merchants can manage FBW products and inventory efficiently on the Merchant Dashboard, including setting shipping prices for these products on the FBW > Inventory page.
Specifically, merchants can set shipping prices for their products and variations per FBW warehouse. This functionality provides more flexibility to merchants to manage their FBW products in an efficient manner, and avoid the hassle of fulfilling orders on their own thereby improving their overall shipping performance.
If merchants want to sell products through FBW, they must ensure that they have more than zero active inventory in the FBW warehouse and have set FBW shipping prices for their products and/or variations. Failure to ensure both will lead to the product not being available for sale via FBW, and the merchant will be responsible for fulfilling orders from such products.
Please note: It is mandatory to set the shipping prices for any new products added to FBW warehouses.
How to set shipping prices for FBW products?
Please see detailed steps below:
- FBW shipping prices can be set at a product level and at its different product variations (SKU) level. These can be set in the following ways:
- Product Shipping Price: shipping price of a product
- Product Default Shipping Price- applies change to all variations and all countries that are supported by the FBW warehouse.
- Product Country level Shipping Price- applies change to all variations for a specific country.
- Variation Shipping Price: shipping price of a product variation/SKU
- Variation Default Shipping price- applies change to all countries supported by the FBW warehouse of the specific variation.
- Variation Country level Shipping Price- applies change to only a specific country of a specific variation.
Below is a flowchart of how the above-defined guidelines and priorities work for this functionality:
Key points to learn from the flowchart
- When a merchant enters a value for Shipping Price at any point on the path, the value will trickle down to relevant fields following the path shown in the above flowchart, and get updated with the same value.
- When a merchant enters a value manually at any point on the path, it will not be overwritten by Rule 1.
- A Variation Default Shipping Price that has been applied to Variation Country level Shipping Price will not be overwritten by any changes made to Product Country level Shipping Price.
Each of these shipping prices has been defined in detail below with examples.
Adding shipping prices to new FBW products:
To add/edit shipping prices for FBW products, please navigate to the FBW tab on the menu bar of the Merchant Dashboard, and click on FBW > Inventory:
The page lists all your FBW products for different warehouses. In order to add/edit shipping price for a product of a warehouse, under the "All Products" tab or each individual warehouse tab, locate the products whose shipping prices have not been set ("Not Set" under "Shipping Price" column), and click "Set Product Shipping Price" under the "Action" column:
In the popup modal that follows, you can now set the FBW Shipping Prices of your products and variations.
Product Shipping Price: When setting product level shipping price, you can set a product default shipping price and/ or product country level shipping price.
- Product Default Shipping Price- An update to Product Default Shipping Price will update all variations and all countries.
For example, a merchant wants to update the Product Default Shipping price of a product in the SF Express Warehouse. As you can see below, the original shipping price of this new product is “Not Set”.
The merchant then sets the Product Default Shipping Price to 5 and clicks “Update”.
This updates the shipping price of all its variations and all countries supported by the warehouse:
- Product Country level Shipping Price- An update to Product Country level Shipping Price of a specific country will update that country’s shipping price for all its variations.
For example, if the Product Country level Shipping Price of Germany is set to 5, then all its variations will have the shipping price of Germany set to 5.
Variation Shipping Price- When setting variation level shipping price, you can set a variation default shipping price and/ or variation country level shipping price.
- Variation Default Shipping Price- An update to a Variation Default Shipping Price will update all countries within that variation only.
For example, if the Default Shipping Price of a variation ‘NANA123-BLACK’ is set to 8, then it will update the shipping prices of all countries supported by the warehouse only for the variation ‘NANA123-BLACK’.
- Variation Country Shipping price- An update to a Variation Country Shipping Price will limit the change to the specific country for the specific variation and will not update it anywhere else.
For example, if the shipping price of country Germany is set to 5 under a specific variation ‘NANA123- Beige’, then this change does not affect any other country or any other variations. This value is set only for Germany country for the variation NANA123- Beige.