Wish is dedicated to providing a high-quality customer experience, bringing the best products to our customers, and fostering a healthy marketplace for our merchants as well. Customer reviews and ratings, specifically, are essential to creating a healthy and vibrant community on Wish. They provide valuable feedback to other customers, helping them make buying decisions, and surface to merchants what customers like and dislike about their products. Authentic customer reviews, therefore, are a crucial part of the Wish ecosystem, helping both customers and merchants thrive.
It is important to everyone in the Wish marketplace that reviews left on Wish are written by customers who have had a genuine purchase or experience with a product. Any attempts to manipulate customer reviews/ratings, including by directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited.
Wish’s Merchant Policy - specifically the Manipulated Customer Reviews and Ratings Policy - contains detailed guidelines around manipulated customer reviews. This policy was also updated on May 26, 2022 UTC to establish a more robust policy and to clearly outline the consequences of manipulated reviews.
Starting May 26, 2022 12:00AM UTC, customers, merchants, and other third parties can also report fake/manipulated reviews on Wish by directly emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate each reporting thoroughly and take necessary actions according to Manipulated Customer Reviews and Ratings Policy.
Examples of manipulated customer reviews/ratings
Examples of manipulated customer reviews/ratings that violate the Manipulated Customer Reviews and Ratings Policy include, but not are limited to:
- Merchants buy their own product and falsely provide a high rating (e.g., 5 stars) and/or write a review.
- Merchants ask a friend, family member, or employee to buy a product from their store and rate it positively.
- Merchants buy their own products or pay an entity or person to buy their products to boost sales, ratings, and reviews.
- Merchants offer to provide a refund or reimbursement after a customer writes a review in exchange for a change or removal of the review.
- Merchants ask that customers send negative reviews to them or to a different feedback channel while posting only positive reviews on Wish.
- Merchants use a customer’s Wish account to write or change a review on their competitor’s products.
- Merchants hire third-party firms for posting manipulated reviews or ratings on their own or other merchants' listed products on Wish.
- Merchants or their agents/affiliates, as well as brands or manufacturers, request reviews from users or other third parties in exchange for monetary or non-monetary reward (i.e., sponsored or paid reviews).