To address the planned April 10, 2019 & January 1, 2020 China Post unregistered shipping price increases, and to help merchants continue using the appropriate shipping carriers and service levels to provide the best customer experience through Wish, Wish will subsidize 75% & 60% (respectively) of the China Post unregistered shipping price increases for merchants using the WishPost China Post unregistered logistics channel. Note that the Wish subsidy only applies to:
- WishPost China Post unregistered channel (WishPost China Post registered channel shipping price will not be subsidized).
- Existing product listings
- uploaded before April 10, 2019 00:00 Beijing Time will be eligible for the 75% subsidy
- uploaded between April 10, 2019 00:00 Beijing Time and January 1, 2020 0:00 BJT will be eligible for the 60% subsidy
- Packages with weight ≤ 80 grams.
- Packages with weight updated from China Post within 48 hours after confirmed shipped.
We put together this FAQ to help merchants navigate this transition.
How does the 75% and/or 60% subsidy work?
After the April 10 increase comes into effect, merchants first still need to pay the full China Post unregistered shipping price amount within their WishPost account China Post unregistered channel when shipping orders. Once the fully increased shipping price is paid, Wish will subsidize 75% of the increase after the fact. Merchants will be able to view the subsidy amount on the Orders > History page within Merchant Dashboard, as indicated by a “China Post Subsidy” flag under the “Shipment Details” column:
By hovering over the question mark icon on the flag, merchants will be able to see the details of the subsidy for this particular order shipped:
The detailed message here indicates to merchants that the order qualifies for 75% Wish subsidy for increase in China Post unregistered shipping price. Merchants are able to view the exact subsidy amount associated with this order. As a result, merchants ultimately only pay an additional 25% of the increase in China Post unregistered shipping prices, given the 75% Wish subsidy.
Merchants will receive the rebate as part of their payments according to the Wish Order Payment Eligibility policy.
Note that if the product is uploaded before April 10, 2019 but approved for sale after this date, it is still eligible for the Wish subsidy. In addition, if merchants disable a product eligible for the Wish subsidy and the re-enable it, the product is still eligible for the subsidy.
- Prior to April 10, 2019, let’s assume that merchants pay $10 in shipping price for shipping an order using the WishPost China Post unregistered logistics channel.
- Effective April 10, 2019, let’s assume that the China Post unregistered channel shipping price increases from $10 to $11, with a ($11-$10) = $1 increase.
- Merchants first still need to pay the fully increased $11 shipping price for the order shipped with China Post unregistered.
- Given that Wish subsidizes 75% of the $1 increase in shipping price, after merchants pay the full amount of $11 for shipping price in their WishPost account, merchants will be able to view a subsidy amount of $1 * 75% = $0.75 in the Orders > History page on their Merchant Dashboard, indicating that $Y has been subsidized by Wish and returned to merchants.
- Merchants will receive the rebate amount of $0.75 as part of their payments according to the Wish Order Payment Eligibility policy.
- Ultimately, merchants only pay an additional 25% of the $1 increase in China Post unregistered shipping price, and a total shipping price of $10 + $1 * 25% = $10.25 after April 10, 2019, instead of the fully increased shipping price of $11.
Is Wish subsidizing the WishPost China Post logistics channel to all destination countries?
No. For WishPost labels generated after April 17, 2019 09:00 Beijing Time, Wish will stop subsidizing the China Post unregistered shipping price increases for WishPost China Post unregistered channel to the following 10 destination countries:
Mexico, Brazil, India, Chile, South Africa, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina, Russia, and Colombia.
Wish will continue subsidizing 75% of the increase in China Post unregistered shipping price increases for WishPost China Post unregistered channel with other destination countries.
For WishPost labels generated after January 1, 2020 00:00 Beijing Time, orders with destination countries United States, Great Britain, Germany, Australia, France, Switzerland, Norway, Canada, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, Portugal, Spain, Hungary, Czechia are eligible for the 60% Wish subsidy.
All Wish Merchant Policies still apply to these orders and associated product listings. Please continue to participate in best practices by adhering to Wish Merchant Policies.
Will merchants receive the subsidy if an order is refunded?
No, the order will not be eligible for the subsidy if it is refunded.
Can I retrieve the subsidy amount via API?
Yes. Starting June 7, 2019, ERPs are able to retrieve the China Post subsidy amount for each order via a new API field `china_post_subsidy_amount`. Visit this API documentation to learn more about how this API field can help you retrieve the subsidy amount.
The following API endpoints will be affected:
What should I do considering the China Post shipping price increase and Wish subsidy?
We strongly encourage that merchants continue selecting the appropriate shipping carriers and service levels to provide the best customer experience through Wish. If you have any questions about the Wish subsidy, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Account Manager.