In response to the rapidly changing situation of the global COVID-19 outbreak, especially across Europe, North America, Southeast Asia, and beyond, Wish is continuing to closely monitor developments and make adjustments to best support our merchants. As merchants continue to operate their businesses and meet the increased demand from customers worldwide who are shopping online, we understand that there are currently operational and logistics challenges that merchants are facing in certain regions of the world. Therefore, in order to better support our merchants and to help reduce the impact of COVID-19, we are introducing a new rebate for eligible orders that are shipped to certain countries.
For orders released to merchants between April 2, 2020 12:00AM UTC and April 16, 2020 12:00AM UTC (excluding Wish Express, Fulfillment By Wish, and Fulfillment By Store orders), the order will be eligible for a rebate if the order’s shipping destination country is a Strategic Country and if the order meets the following requirements:
- The order must be confirmed fulfilled within the designated amount of time after order released date, per Merchant Policy 5.5.
- The order must not be refunded. If an order is refunded, it will no longer qualify for a rebate and the rebate will be deducted accordingly.
- The product in the order must be uploaded to Wish before April 2, 2020 12:00AM UTC. Orders for products uploaded after this time are not eligible for this rebate.
Currently, the list of Strategic Countries includes: India, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Spain, and Sweden; we may update this list of Strategic Countries in the future.
For eligible orders that meet these requirements, merchants will receive a rebate of 4.25% of the order value, up to a maximum rebate amount of $3USD (or ¥21CNY for merchants with Local Currency Code of CNY) per order. Order value is defined as 'quantity * (merchant price + merchant shipping price)'. The rebate for eligible and qualifying orders will be included in the same payment disbursement as the payment for the order (subject to Payment Eligibility terms).
- Order A with the destination country of Italy is released to the merchant on April 3, 2020 UTC. The order is confirmed fulfilled on-time and the order also meets the other requirements of the Strategic Country Rebate. The merchant’s Local Currency Code is USD. Order A has a quantity * (merchant price + merchant shipping price) of 2 * (13 + 3). Order A receives a Strategic Country Rebate of $1.36 (0.0425 * 2 * (13+3) = $1.36).
- Order B with the destination country of Italy is released to the merchant on April 3, 2020 UTC. The order is confirmed fulfilled on-time and the order also meets the other requirements of the Strategic Country Rebate. The merchant’s Local Currency Code is USD. Order B has a quantity * (merchant price + merchant shipping price) of 8 * (10 + 3). Order B receives a quantity of $3USD (0.0425 * 8 * (10+3) is greater than the maximum rebate amount of $3 per order).
Merchants are able to view which orders are eligible for this rebate via the following pathways on their Merchant Dashboard:
- Visit the Orders > Action Required page on the Merchant Dashboard, and look for an icon under the ‘View Product(SKU)’ column:
- Visit the Orders > History page on the Merchant Dashboard, and look for an icon under the ‘Shipping Details’ column:
- On the Orders > History page, click the link under ‘Payment Status’ column. In the popup modal that follows, hover over the ‘Strategic Country Rebate’ row for more details: