The Brand Directory contains a list of known brands currently available for sale. If merchants are selling brands not currently included in the Brand Directory, merchants may submit a request to add new brands to the directory, so that they are available for tagging going forward. Merchants can be the brand owner or a reseller of authentic branded products.
To learn more about tagging authentic branded products, please visit this FAQ article here.
Below are some things to consider before requesting for a new brand to be added to the Brand Directory:
- Does this brand have an active registered trademark that appears on products or packaging?
Only brands that have registered trademarks or logos that appear on products or packaging (e.g., Nike, Adidas, etc.) will be approved as additions to the Brand Directory.
- Does this brand manufacture the corresponding products you are tagging?
Only brands that manufacture their own products will be approved as additions to the Brand Directory. Nike, for example, manufactures Nike shoes. On the other hand, Footlocker is a third-party reseller site that sells Nike products but does not manufacture them. Merchants therefore should not request to register Footlocker as a brand name for tagging Nike products. Likewise, subscription product services (e.g. StichFix, Ipsy, BarkBox, etc.) should not be requested to be added to the Brand Directory, as these services do not manufacture the products they sell.
- Can you provide a link to the brand website or product catalogue?
Most brands have websites that showcase their products. We require links to these websites for the brand you are requesting to be added to the Brand Directory. Please do not provide links to trademark registrations or applications . We also do not accept Wish Store Links or links to other e-commerce stores (e.g., eBay, Alibaba, etc). If you have permission to do so from the brand owner or its representative, it is also recommended to upload an image of a logo that corresponds to the brand you are requesting.
- Is this brand already included in the Brand Directory?
Please ensure the brand does not already exist in the Brand Directory before requesting a new brand to be added.
Merchants are encouraged to request new brands and tag products that meet the above criteria.
How to request new brands to be added to the Brand Directory?
To submit a new brand request, first navigate to the Brand Directory, and click “Submit a request” on the top of the page:
Next, fill out all necessary information correctly in the popup modal that follows:
Example of a brand request that may be accepted:
- Brand name: Adidas (Recognizable brand name)
- URL to brand website: www.adidas.com (Legitimate url)
- Does this brand have an active registered trademark that appears on products or packaging? Yes (Products and/or packaging are branded with registered trademark)
- Brand logo: [insert brand logo] (If available and appropriate)
- Additional information: This brand produces athletic apparel and footwear (Additional info provided)
Example of a brand request that cannot be accepted:
- Brand name: Joe’s products (Not a widely recognized brand)
- URL to brand website: https://www.wish.com/search/store? (Not a legitimate brand link)
- Does this brand have an active registered trademark that appears on products or packaging? No (Products and/or packaging are not branded with registered trademarks)
- Brand logo: (No logo provided)
- Additional information: (No additional information provided)
After clicking “Submit request”, you will receive the following confirmation:
By clicking on the “Brand Requests” link in the popup modal above, you will be taken to the “Your Brand Requests” page to view all new brand requests submitted:
In the example above, a new brand “Urban Outfitters” is requested to be added to the directory, and is currently reviewed by Wish. Therefore, the status of the request is “Pending”, as seen above.
Once Wish completes the review within 1-2 business days, the status of the request will change to either “Complete” or “Rejected”, meaning Wish either approves or rejects the request:
As shown above, you may view Wish’s reason(s) for rejecting your requests.
If you have any questions about requesting new brand names for the Brand Directory, please reach out to your Account Manager.