CollectionBoost is a program that allows merchants to promote their products in customized collections (created and curated by merchants) which will be placed in premium/highly visible positions on the Wish App and wish.com, including:
- Search: A collection will be the first tile of Wish’s search results
- Related tab: A collection will be the first tile of a product’s related tab
- Banners: Wish homepage banners, themed banners
- Other high-visibility placements: Blitz wheel, History Page, Shopping Car
As seen in the below image, the “Halloween Skeletons” collection appears as the first result when a user searches for “halloween decor”. Clicking into the “Halloween Skeletons” collection will display a variety of Halloween products (selected by the merchant who created the collection) available for purchase.
This article walks merchants through how to use CollectionBoost, along with some frequently asked questions.
1. How do you boost your products?
Start by creating a collection with the products you want to boost by navigating to CollectionBoost > Create a Collection.
2. What is a CollectionBoost Collection and how do you set up a collection?
A CollectionBoost Collection is the selection of products you would like to boost. Each collection will require a logo and a name in order to be created.
To create a collection, you can go to CollectionBoost > Create a Collection.
Fill in the following fields:
- Collection Name: The name of your collection, which will be displayed on Wish. No special characters or emojis are allowed at this time.
- Collection Logo: The logo of your collection, which will be displayed on Wish. It should be a clear, square image to show the brand (if applicable), theme (for example, Halloween decor), or feature of your products. Some examples:
- Search Terms: A list of search terms you’d like your collection to show up under, separated by commas. When you have a running campaign and the user is searching for these search terms, your collections will show up. You will bid on each of these search terms later when creating campaigns.
- Related Products: A list of product IDs (separated by comma) that are already available for sale on Wish that you believe the products in your collection are related to.
- Products: You will need at least 10 products to create a collection. These will be the products displayed when users click into the boosted collection on Wish.
Newly created or edited collections will be in “Pending” state and will go through a review period before it can be approved. Feedback will be provided if your collection is not approved. After being approved, your collection will show as “Approved” and you can create campaigns with this collection.
3. What is a CollectionBoost Campaign and how do you create a campaign?
A CollectionBoost Campaign can be created once a collection has been approved. The collection will allow merchants to bid on the search terms they have selected and designate a campaign runtime. Only after a campaign is created will the collection be live on Wish.
To create a campaign, click the “Create Campaign” button on the collection you'd like to use in the CollectionBoost > Manage Collections and Campaigns.
Fill in the following fields:
- Start Date: The start date is the first day that your collection will be promoted. The duration of the campaign is 7 days.
- Bid: The bid for each search term should be a minimum of $1.00 (subject to change). The final cost of the campaign will be the sum of all the search term bids. This cost will cover throughout the duration of the campaign.
- If you duplicate the collection in the future and want to leave out certain search terms, you can leave the bid for that search term blank. Only the top 5 bidders with the highest bid for a certain search term will be promoted. There will be no charge if your bid is not selected.
4. How much does CollectionBoost cost?
- The total spend for your campaign will simply be the sum of the bids of all your accepted search terms. The spend will not be impacted by the number of products in your campaign or how many impressions and GMV your campaign receives. You can check the status of all bids in your campaign in the dropdown on CollectionBoost > Manage Collections and Campaigns.
- If your bid is empty for the search term or is not selected for promotion, there will be no charge.