Currently, Wish occasionally receives “Cancelled” tracking status from WishPost for some orders shipped via WishPost. This status is received potentially due to merchants actively cancelling the orders directly in WishPost or due to logistics carrier challenges, resulting in the orders being cancelled.
To support merchants in properly managing these tracking cancelled orders, for orders released after November 10, 2020 12:00AM UTC, if an order is shipped via WishPost with a confirmed fulfillment date first, but Wish receives a “Cancelled” tracking status from WishPost afterwards, the confirmed fulfillment date will be removed.
Starting March 4, 2021 12:00AM UTC, all Mainland China-based merchants may begin receiving re-released orders for fulfillment again after these orders’ tracking information is cancelled, and in this article, we outline information that helps merchants to timely fulfill these re-released orders again with valid tracking information.
In what situation will Wish re-release orders to merchants for fulfillment again?
Depending on when Wish receives the “Cancelled” tracking status according to WishPost records, we will either re-release the order back to merchants for fulfillment again or auto-refund it. Specifically,
- If the “Cancelled” tracking status of an order is received by Wish based on WishPost records within 25 calendar days after the order’s initial released time, Wish will re-release the order to merchants to fulfill again with new valid tracking information (a new tracking number is required).
- Note that per the Merchant Policy, "Fulfillment," merchants are required to mark this order “shipped” within 5 calendar days after its re-released date.
- If the “Cancelled” tracking status of an order is received by Wish based on WishPost records 25 or more calendar days after the order’s initial released time, Wish will auto-refund the order to the customer.
Identify re-released orders for fulfillment again
Merchants may identify re-released orders via Merchant Dashboard, CSV feed file, and API.
Via Merchant Dashboard
The tracking cancelled and re-released orders will be properly displayed to merchants in the Merchant Dashboard Orders > Unfulfilled Orders page. Specifically, in Merchant Dashboard, a re-released order will be shown with a “Tracking Number Cancelled” flag under the Order ID:
Via CSV Feed File
Merchants are able to identify the re-released orders via CSV file. Specifically, 4 new fields will be added to the CSV feed to indicate an order’s tracking has been received as “Cancelled” and the order is re-released (these 4 new CSV fields currently only apply to Mainland China-based merchants):
- Tracking Number Cancelled: The “True” or “False” value that indicates whether the tracking number associated with the order has been received with Cancelled status, per WishPost records
- Tracking Number Cancelled Date: The date the tracking number of this order is received as "Cancelled", per WishPost records
- Is Re-Released: The “True” or “False” value that indicates whether the order is re-released
- Order Re-Released Date: The date the order is re-released to be fulfilled again
When a previously fulfilled order is re-released, a few existing attributes in the following effective endpoints will be reset.
Reset in existing attributes in response:
- “state”: Change to APPROVED from SHIPPED when the order is re-released;
- “days_to_fulfill”: the number of days remaining for Allowed Fulfillment Period when the order is re-released;
- “hours_to_fulfill”: the number of hours remaining for Allowed Fulfillment Period when the order is re-released.
To help merchants working with ERPs correctly capture the re-released orders or whether the “Cancelled” tracking status of an order is received by Wish per WishPost records, the following attributes will be returned additionally in the three effective endpoints listed above.
New attributes in response:
- “tracking_number_cancelled_date” : the date the tracking status is detected as cancelled
- “tracking_number_cancelled” : boolean value whether the tracking information associated to order is detected as cancelled
- “is_re_released”: boolean value whether the order is re-released
- “order_re_released_date”: The date the order status was changed from SHIPPED to APPROVED
Impact on Advanced Logistics Program orders
The above details apply to Advanced Logistics Program orders as well.
Specifically, a re-released Advanced Logistics Program order due to partner carrier cancelling the tracking will be shown with an “A+ Tracking Number Cancelled” flag on the Merchant Dashboard Orders > Unfulfilled Orders page:
This order will then be removed from the Advanced Logistics Program for merchants to drop-ship to customers directly using WishPost. Merchants may locate the customer address in the Orders > Unfulfilled Orders “Order details” page (go to the "Action" column of an order, click on the three dots next to "Fulfill", and select "View detail") or Orders > Unfulfilled Orders “Ship to” column in Merchant Dashboard, or via the “shippingDetail” field (in the API response of the /api/v2/order/get-fulfill, /api/v2/order, and /api/v2/order/multi-get endpoints) that is reset to the customer shipping address.
On the other hand, if an Advanced Logistics Program order is re-released due to merchants cancelling the tracking, the re-released order will be shown with a “Tracking Number Cancelled” flag, and merchants are still required to fulfill this order as an Advanced Logistics Program order.