To help merchants comply with applicable laws requiring price per unit of measurement to be displayed for products sold to or within the European Union, United Kingdom, and United States, merchants may now provide various unit price-related product attributes when adding/editing products manually or via CSV in Merchant Plus dashboard, or via API. These product attributes will be used to calculate and display unit price to customers on the Wish app and wish.com. Adding unit price attributes in order to display unit price is strongly encouraged for (but not limited to) products categorized as cleaning supplies, toiletries, beauty, cosmetics, personal care, and other product types sold in quantities or measurements.
See below for more information on unit price, including how to provide unit price product attributes when adding/editing products manually or via CSV in Merchant Plus dashboard, or via API.
1. What are the unit price product attributes?
See below for a list of all unit price product attributes. These product attributes will be used to calculate and display unit price:
- Measured Type: The type of measurement.
- Volume US imperial
- Volume metric
- Per unit
- Unit: The unit of measurement for the total content of a product. This will be used to display the price per unit of a product (per the below formula), and is the unit of measurement that will be used for both the Reference Value and Quantity Value attributes.
- Weight: ounce, pound, gram, milligram, kilogram
- Volume US imperial: fluid_ounce, pint, quart, gallon
- Volume metric: milliliter, centiliter, liter, cubicmeter
- Length: inch, foot, yard, centimeter, meter
- Area: square_foot, square_meter
- Per unit: count, load, wash, roll, pod
- Quantity Value: The total quantity of the product variant (in the given unit) that is used to calculate the price per unit of a product, using the below formula. Note that if a product has multiple product variants, you will need to set quantity values for each product variant.
- Reference Value: The reference value (in the given unit) that is used to calculate the price per unit of a product and to illustrate the unit count for the consumer to see, using the below formula.
2. How are the unit price product attributes used to calculate and display unit price?
The above-listed unit price product attributes will be used to calculate and display unit price, using the following formula:
(Price * Reference Value) / Quantity Value = Unit Price (displayed per Reference Value in given Unit)
See below for a few examples illustrating the calculation of unit price:
a. You are listing a 210 fl ounce ‘140 Loads’ liquid laundry detergent for $11.69 and would like to display the price per load:
- Measured Type = Per unit
- Unit = load
- Quantity value = 140
- Reference value = 1
- Unit price = ($11.69 * 1) / 140 = $0.08 per 1 load
b. You are listing a 200 milliliter bottle of perfume for $33.12 and would like to display the price per 100 milliliters:
- Measured Type = Volume metric
- Unit = Milliliter
- Quantity value = 200
- Reference value = 100
- Unit Price = ($33.12 * 100) / 200 = $16.56 per 100 milliliters
3. Where will unit price be displayed?
Unit price for applicable products will be displayed to customers on product listing pages in the Wish app and wish.com.
4. How can I set unit price product attributes for my products?
See below for a walkthrough of how to set unit price product attributes when adding/editing products manually or via CSV in Merchant Plus dashboard, or via API.
Manually via Merchant Plus dashboard:
Navigate to Products > Add a product. Under the Unit price section, check the “Show unit price for this product.” checkbox. From here, you can select your Measured type and Unit, and enter your Reference value. Under the Inventory section, you may enter your Quantity value. Under the Variations section, you may provide Quantity value for your given product variants.
To edit these fields, navigate to Products > All products, click the name of the product you wish to edit, and change these fields as desired on the Edit product page.
CSV Upload via Merchant Plus Dashboard:
Navigate to Products > All products, and click on the Bulk add/edit button to reach the Add/edit products with CSV page. Here you may upload a product CSV file to add/edit products with the unit price attributes Unit, Reference Value, and Quantity Value.
For more information on adding/editing products via CSV in Merchant Plus, please see this guide.
For more information on required and optional product CSV attributes, including attributes that have recently been renamed, please see this guide.
Merchants may now use ‘unit’, ‘reference_value’, and ‘quantity_value’ as inputs in the following Products v3 API endpoints:
Merchants will now see ‘unit’, ‘reference_value’, and ‘quantity_value’ as fields for applicable products in the response schema of the following Products v3 API endpoint: