A store’s Refund Rate is calculated by the number of items refunded divided by the number of items purchased. It is extremely important to maintain a low Refund Rate for your store. Stores with an extremely high Refund Rate are at a risk of suspension.
How do I check my store’s Refund Rate?
You can view your store’s Refund Rate by navigating to Performance > Customer Service Performance page. (link) https://merchant.wish.com/cs-performance-table
What quantifies a good Refund Rate?
Stores should aim to maintain a Refund Rate below 5%. The lower the Refund Rate, the better your store is performing and the more likely your products will gain exposure.
What events negatively affect my store’s Refund Rate?
A store’s Refund Rate is affected by the following refund reasons:
- Item was fulfilled late or out of stock at time of purchase
- Customer requests refund
- Item is not correct (wrong size, wrong color, wrong item sent)
- Item did not arrive or arrived late
Which refund reasons do not affect my store's Refund Rate?
- Customer cancels order
- Customer placed order by mistake
How can I check if my product has a high Refund Rate?
Identifying products with high Refund Rates and improving them are great ways to reduce your store’s overall Refund Rate. Click here to view your product’s Refund Rate.
How can I reduce refunds and improve my store’s overall Refund Rate?
Merchants should constantly be looking to lower their Refund Rate. To lower your store’s Refund Rate, merchants can use the following guidelines:
- Fulfill orders promptly. Wish has a strict 5-day fulfillment policy on all orders to be shipped. Orders not fulfilled within 5 days will be refunded.
- Make sure products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Drop off items as soon as you mark them shipped
- Select a reliable and fast shipping carrier by using one of the qualified shipping carriers: https://merchant.wish.com/qualified-shipping-provider
- For orders that qualify for the Confirmed Delivery Policy, please ship with one of the Confirmed Delivery Carriers
- Compare performance between different shipping carriers: https://merchant.wish.com/shipping-dest-performance#tab=global
- Use Wish’s sizing chart to size your products: https://merchant.wish.com/documentation/size-charts