As a merchant on Wish you are responsible for ensuring the legality of your products and the way they are advertised. To help guide our merchants, Wish restricts the sale of items that violate various global regulatory ordinances. Wish also takes consumer safety seriously and restricts the sale of items that are potentially dangerous to our users.
Also, please be aware that Wish serves a diverse audience that may include children as young as 13 years of age. Wish reserves the right to censor or remove any content that may be inappropriate or harmful for these users.
Listings that do not comply with Wish's policies may incur monetary fines and be removed from the platform without prior notice. Merchants who do not comply with Wish's policies may be subject to review, the suspension of account privileges, and/or the termination of services.
The following types of items may not be listed for sale on Wish:
- Items which infringe on the intellectual property of Wish or other third parties including registered trademarks, patents, or copyrights. The following are in direct violation of this policy:
- Dangerous chemicals:
- Medications and treatments
- Drugs or items with medical drug claims
- Injectable substances
- Unauthorized vitamins and supplements
- Unauthorized edible products
- Explosive or flammable products
- Live animals, illegal animal products
- Human remains or body parts (excluding hair and teeth)
- Virtual goods, digital goods or services
- Tobacco, e-cigarettes, and drug paraphernalia
- Lighters containing butane
- Unwarranted Nudity
- Hardcore Pornography
- Sexual content including or relating to minors
- Gratuitous nudity
- Unnecessary demonstration of intimate products
- Firearms and/or weapons
- Child carseats, child harnesses, and recalled toys.
- Hate crimes and items or listings that promote, support or glorify hatred toward or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation; including items or content that promote organizations with such views
Merchants may find a listing for a permitted product incurs fines or is removed from the platform. This likely means the listing is in violation of one of Wish’s compliant listings policies. Providing fun, appropriate titles, photos, descriptions and other supplementary information are critical to selling on Wish.
Check out the Merchant FAQ for more information on how to upload your products and keep these policies in mind as you list and describe your products:
- Listing titles, descriptions, and photos must align to accurately present the item being sold at the indicated price.
- Multiple products may not be sold separately in one listing. You may group items as a set into a single listing if the items are being sold and shipped together.
- The unauthorized use of images and phrases which infringe on Wish’s or another party’s intellectual property include copyrights or trademarks is strictly prohibited
- You may not use Wish to direct shoppers to your own or another online selling venue to purchase the same items as listed in your Wish shop, as this may constitute fee avoidance. Directing Wish buyers outside of Wish negates the merchant’s partnership with Wish.
- Changing the product associated with a listing is strictly prohibited. Titles and first images may not be eligible for modification, so choose carefully.
- All listings on Wish must be for a tangible object. The following are examples which violate this policy:
- A listing may not be created for the sole purpose of sharing photographs or other information with the community.
- A listing may not be created solely as an advertisement. This includes notices of sales or promotions in your shop.
- Items must not be listed as available for rental or lease.
- A listing must not be conditional upon the purchase of another listing in your shop (for example: saying "this item may only be purchased along with another item in my shop" is not allowed). This includes listings for item upgrades, shipping upgrades, and gift wrapping upgrades.