Please note that this article pertains only to store validation for merchants based outside of Mainland China and the European Economic Area (EEA). Stay tuned for upcoming guides covering store validation for both Mainland China-based merchants and EEA-based merchants
Validating your store helps ensure the security of your account and may unlock certain merchant features. You will not be able to receive product impressions (and as a result, sales) until your store is validated. This guide walks through the store validation process.
1. Under “Things to do” on the homepage of the Merchant Dashboard, locate the “Validate your store to begin selling in the marketplace” item and click “View details”.
2. You will be directed to the “Seller Profile” page. Click “Continue validating”.
3. You will land on the “Verify your store” page. Click “Get Started” to proceed.
4. On the next page, you must confirm your contact information. These fields will be automatically populated based on the information you provided during sign-up.
Confirm that the country/region of domicile for your store is correct. If you are a business merchant selling on Wish, the country/region of domicile is the country or state of incorporation for the registered company owning and operating your Wish store. If you are an individual merchant, the country/region of domicile is the country or place where you have a fixed legal address or permanent residence.
Declaring an incorrect country/region of domicile will result in the incorrect tax treatment of your sales. Please note that your selection will be permanent after making a selection on this page.
After confirming your country/region of domicile, check that the rest of your business address information is accurate. Note that your business address should be located within your country/region of domicile. Click “Continue” to proceed.
5. Note: Merchants who have already been deemed to be a business merchant or individual merchant during signup may not see the below page - please skip this step if so.
Next, select your account type based on whether you are a business merchant or an individual merchant. You will be asked to provide proof of identity in the next steps based on the account type you choose.
Click “Continue” to proceed.
6. Next, both business merchants and individual merchants must prove their identity by providing specific information and documents. These will differ based on merchant account type.
Business merchants must provide their registered business name and registered business number.
Individual merchants must provide their full name and birthday, as well as an image of an official bank statement or credit card statement to verify their identity.
At this point, individual merchants can skip to Step 9 below, as business merchants will need to provide additional information outlined in the next few steps.
7. Next, provide your proof of business registration. Please include all documents deemed necessary to operate your business on Wish.
Required documents include:
- Government-issued business license
- Official bank statements
You may also need to provide these documents to verify your operations as an e-commerce merchant:
- Articles of Incorporation or Certificate of Incorporation
- Recent business returns (i.e. US Corporation income tax return Form 1120 or 1120-S, Partnership Return 1065 or K-1s associated with the business, other non-US local country business tax returns)
- Other documents: Entity trading name, product licensing, and/or share allocation certificate
8. Next, provide the information of the business’ legal business representative or beneficial owner (which may be yourself, or another party).
9. Next, upload a valid national ID and enter relevant ID information. If you are an individual merchant, this should be your ID. If you are a business merchant, this should be the ID of your legal business representative or beneficial owner (which may be yourself or another party).
Accepted ID types include a driver’s license, passport, or government-issued state ID. Ensure that your photos clearly show the front and back of your ID, and include a clear photo of you or the relevant party holding the photo ID (photo-side showing). Note that the information provided in the previous steps and the information in the provided ID need to match.
You may drag the photo file to the grey content area or select a file to upload. Any uploaded file here must be a JPEG or PNG smaller than 5MB. Click “Continue” when you are finished and ready to proceed.
10. You may now review and edit all of the previously entered information. Check the box at the end to confirm you’ve reviewed your information. Then, click “Submit” to proceed.
11. After you have submitted your store validation request, it will be processed and reviewed by Wish within a few business days. You may view the status of your store validation application anytime by navigating to Settings > Account > Seller Profile on the Merchant Dashboard. Under “Validation status” you can also view the “Submitted on” date, which indicates exactly when you submitted your store validation request.
12. If your store validation request is successful, you will see your “Validation status” marked as “Validated” on your Seller Profile. Now that your store is successfully validated, your products can start receiving impressions, and you may also have access to additional merchant features.
If your store validation request is unsuccessful, you will see your “Validation status” marked as “Rejected” on your Seller Profile, along with a list of items that did not meet the criteria for successful store validation. You may resubmit your store validation request again by clicking “Validate store again” and providing the correct necessary information.
Please note that personal information that you provide during the store validation process is confidential and will not be released to customers or made public. Customers may only view a store’s name, ratings, and how long a store has been on the Wish app or wish.com.