For stores that have multiple employees that manage operations of your store we have created the function of sub-accounts for your convenience. These accounts can manage operation of your store but cannot change or see your payment information.
A sub-account has a separate email, phone number and Two Factor Authentication (2FA) setting from the main account. Note that while 2FA is currently required for main log-in accounts, at this time it is not required for sub-accounts. To learn more about Two Factor Authentication, click here.
How to create a sub-account
1. On your merchant dashboard, navigate to the Settings > User Accounts page.
2. Click on "Create Sub-account" to set up a new sub-account:
3. In the popup modal, provide a name, username, email address, and password for your sub-account user, and then click “Create”:
4. You have now created a new sub-account for your store!
Note that this sub-account will be able to log into the system and perform operations on your store. This sub-account cannot change or view payment details of your store.
By default, all existing and newly-created sub-accounts have the same email preferences as the corresponding main merchant accounts. Sub-account users have the ability to view and modify such email preferences for their individual accounts as needed, but are unable to update the email preferences of their main merchant accounts. Both main and sub-accounts can see and change their email preferences in the Settings > Account > Email Preferences page.
How to manage your sub-accounts
1. To prevent a sub-account user from being able to log in, you need to "disable" that specific sub-account. On your Settings > User Accounts page, click “Disable User” next to the sub-accounts you intend to disable:
A popup modal will ask you to confirm your action. Click “Confirm” or “Cancel” as needed:
The disabled sub-account will remain visible to you on the Settings > User Accounts page. You may enable the sub-account later (see step 2 below).
2. To re-allow a sub-account user to log in, you need to "enable" the account:
A popup modal will ask you to confirm your action: