Wish Standards launched November 18, 2021 UTC, as an enhanced, revamped program to replace the Merchant Standing program (previously available to select merchants).
While Merchant Standing provided merchants with incentives to improve their performance, we recognized the need for a more robust, comprehensive program that refines performance rewards, offers transparency around merchant expectations, builds customer and merchant trust, and elevates the Wish shopping experience.
Qualifying merchants (see question “3. How do I join Wish Standards?” for more details) are automatically enrolled in Wish Standards, effective November 18, 2021 UTC. Please note that the Merchant Standing program will be completely deprecated effective November 18, 2021 UTC.
Read on to learn more about the Wish Standards program, and how it may benefit your business.
1. What is Wish Standards?
Wish Standards is a significant initiative representing our long-term commitment to reward exceptional merchant performance and increase the overall quality and health of the Wish ecosystem for both merchants and customers. In launching Wish Standards, we are emphasizing our renewed dedication to increasing trust between Wish and both our merchants and customers. We are constantly striving to elevate the Wish experience for all, and Wish Standards is a crucial step in continuing to achieve this.
As a program designed to elevate the Wish shopping experience, Wish Standards supports merchants by providing benefits/perks that may:
- Increase impressions
- Increase revenue
- Build customer loyalty
- Improve brand reputation and recognition
- Improve visibility to consumers
- Improve commission rate structure
To help merchants succeed within Wish Standards, the program offers:
- Transparency around store expectations
- Regular store health and performance metrics updates
- Refined merchant rewards (see below for more details)
2. How does Wish Standards work?
Wish Standards uses the following four different tiers (listed from highest to lowest tier) to define performance:
Note: Merchants who have not met the tier rating requirements or who are new to Wish will be “Unrated” rather than see a Wish Standards tier. Similarly, if a merchant has been subject to infractions, intellectual property violations, or poor metrics performance, they may be “Deactivated” (these merchants might be addressed as "At risk" prior to being deactivated). Please refer to the article, “How to Navigate the Wish Standards Performance Dashboard,” to learn more about Unrated and Deactivated accounts.
Merchants will be assigned tiers as determined by various criteria, including:
- User feedback ratings
- Order fulfillment rate
- Confirmed fulfillment speed
- Valid tracking rate
- Compliance with Wish policies
- Refund rate
To reach higher tiers, merchants must continuously provide outstanding product quality and service to customers by excelling at all of the above-listed criteria. The higher the tier, the better the potential benefits/perks, including:
- Impression boosts
- Premier badge and distinguished “Premier Merchant” tag displaying to customers in the Wish app/wish.com for merchants in Platinum and Gold tiers (see “8. How will Wish Standards affect customers on Wish.com/Wish app?” below for details)
- Higher frequency payment disbursement (see “11. How does the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program work?” for more details)
- Commission discounts (see “13. How do Wish Standards' commission rates work” for more details)
Note that merchants placed in the lowest tier (Bronze) will face consequences, including reduced impressions and higher commission rates.
Merchants may view their tier and performance metrics on the Wish Standards Performance Dashboard in Merchant Dashboard.
3. How do I join Wish Standards?
Merchants do not need to sign up or take any action to join Wish Standards, as participation is automatic for qualifying merchants. To qualify to join Wish Standards, merchants will need to reach at least 50 matured orders within the last 90 calendar days. (To qualify for Platinum tier, merchants need to reach--and maintain--at least 100 matured orders within the last 30 calendar days. )
An order is considered a matured order when Wish determines that enough time has elapsed for an accurate assessment of fulfillment status and customer satisfaction. Order maturity time may differ from order to order.
New merchants that join Wish must also reach at least 50 matured orders within a 90 day window to qualify for Wish Standards, as well as validate their merchant store (see Merchant Dashboard > Performance > Wish Standards). To learn more about store validation, read, “How do I validate my store”.
For merchants that do not qualify to join Wish Standards upon launch, we will be evaluating matured order count at future intervals, and merchants that reach at least 50 matured orders in the 90 calendar days prior to these evaluation dates will automatically join Wish Standards.
4. How do I raise my Wish Standards tier?
By improving performance in all aspects, including improving user feedback ratings, refund rates, order fulfillment rate, fulfillment speed, valid tracking rate, compliance with Wish policies, or other criteria related to merchant performance, merchants may raise their Wish Standards tier.
Performance criteria are measured regularly, however, tiers may adjust gradually over the course of a few cycles. Overall, your Wish Standards tier will increase (or remain high) as a result of sustained, high-quality performance over time.
Please note that a merchant's Wish Standards' tier will not update if there are less than 50 matured orders within the last 90 calendar days at the time ratings are calculated.
5. How will I know if my tier changes?
As mentioned above, tiers update gradually, with performance and infraction metrics calculated from the past 90 calendar days. Merchants can refer to their Merchant Dashboard Wish Standards Performance Dashboard to review tier placement and will be notified via email/notification when/if their tier levels up or down.
To learn more about the Wish Standards Performance Dashboard in the Merchant Dashboard, see the article, “How to Navigate Wish Standards Performance Dashboard”.
6. How can I dispute my Wish Standards tier rating/metrics if I do not agree?
At launch (November 18, 2021), only particular metrics and penalties may be disputed. Find instructions on how to dispute those particular performance metrics and infractions penalties in the article, “How to Navigate the Wish Standards Performance Dashboard,” and scroll to either “Dispute a performance metric” or “Dispute an infraction penalty”.
7. How will Wish Standards affect customers on Wish.com/Wish app?
When viewing a product listing or merchant store page from a Gold or Platinum merchant on the Wish app or wish.com, customers will see a premier badge and a “Premier Merchant” tag on these pages. The badge and tag indicate that the merchant provides outstanding customer experiences, which in turn allows the customer to shop with confidence.
Please note that all consumer facing examples that follow are subject to change.
Wish homepage example:
Wish store page examples:
Wish product display page examples. (Note that when customers click on the Premier Merchant tag, it opens a window with more information about Premier Merchants.):
Customers will expect quality products, fast shipping, and overall high user satisfaction rates from merchants displaying this badge and tag. As such, Wish will continue to highlight Premier Merchants in new ways as we evolve our app designs.
8. Can I opt out of Wish Standards?
No - participation in Wish Standards is automatic, once merchants qualify. Please see the question above, “2. How do I join Wish Standards?”, for information on how to qualify.
9. How will I be impacted by the deprecation of Merchant Standing on November 18, 2021 UTC?
As a result of deprecating Merchant Standing and introducing Wish Standards, Merchant Policy 9.2.2 - Order Payment Eligibility will be adjusted effective November 18, 2021 UTC. These changes include:
- For an Advanced Logistics Order to be eligible for payment 20 calendar days after the order is confirmed fulfilled by the tracking carrier, instead of having Silver, Gold, or Platinum Merchant Standing at the time the order is released, merchants will need to be in either Wish Standards Gold or Platinum tiers at the time the order is released.
- For orders of certain high-performing products, order payment eligibility 20 calendar days after the order is confirmed fulfilled by the tracking carrier for stores with Silver, Gold, or Platinum Merchant Standing will no longer be applicable, due to the deprecation of Merchant Standing.
- Limited time ProductBoost Reward Budget offers will no longer be available (previously offered to select merchants based on their merchant standing).
Please view Merchant Policy 9.2.2 for more information on the upcoming changes.
10. How does the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program work?
On February 22, 2022 UTC, (as communicated to you by Wish) Platinum tier merchants will benefit from the new Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program (subject to Payment Eligibility terms). This benefit increases payment disbursement frequency by paying Platinum tier merchants every week rather than on the 1st and 15th of each month (which is the standard disbursement schedule).
Disbursements are initiated weekly (usually every Tuesday (Pacific Time), and upon making a payment disbursal to a Platinum tier merchant, it may take 3-5 business days for the funds to arrive in merchants’ bank account or payment provider’s account.
Any merchants assigned a Platinum tier as of the date this benefit is effective, will be automatically enrolled in the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program. (Merchants will receive a further notification with the effective date.)
Going forward, any merchant that has leveled up to or remained in Platinum tier each week will qualify for the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program benefit and see funds arrive to its merchant’s bank account or payment provider’s account in 3-5 business days.
All merchants should set up a payment provider in Merchant Dashboard, if one has not already been set up. For Platinum tier, setting up a payment provider will help ensure a smooth transition to the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program.
For instructions on how to set up a payment provider, go to the Help Center article, “Updates to Payment Settings.”
11. When the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program benefit launches, how will it impact merchants involved in other Wish payment programs?
Merchants participating in other Wish payment programs--namely Early Payment and/or the weekly payment disbursement pilot program--may be impacted by the introduction of the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program benefit (effective February 22, 2022 UTC, as communicated to you by Wish). If participating in either of these payment programs, please see the tier listed below to learn more:
- Early Payment:
- Platinum tier:
- Existing Early Payment requests that are in process will continue as such
- Merchants will be able to still access/monitor Early Payment via the Merchant Dashboard
- Early Payment will be paused for Platinum tier merchants while Wish configures the program to realign it with the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program schedule.
- Platinum tier merchants will be unable to request Early Payment while the program is paused. However, Platinum merchants may continue to make repayments for previously issued Early Payment requests.
- Merchants will see a reduced amount available for Early Payment in the Merchant Dashboard while the program is paused.
- Merchants assigned Platinum tier when the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program benefit goes into effect (on February 22, 2022 UTC, as communicated to you by Wish) will automatically move to the new benefit.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers: Early Payment participants assigned Gold, Silver or Bronze tier will have no impact to Early Payment participation. (May be subject to change; merchants will be kept informed ahead of any changes.)
- Platinum tier:
- Weekly payment disbursement pilot program (previously applicable to a small number of select merchants using PayPal and Payoneer): This program will end when the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program benefit goes into effect (on February 22, 2022 UTC, as communicated to you by Wish).
- Platinum tier: Merchants assigned a Platinum tier when the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program benefit goes into effect will automatically move to the new benefit.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze tiers: Merchants assigned a Gold, Silver, or Bronze tier when the Wish Standards Weekly Payment Program benefit goes into effect will revert to the standard payment disbursement schedule of the 1st and 15th of every month.
12. How do Wish Standards' commission rates work?
Commission rates align with Wish Standards' initiatives to reward merchants providing excellent customer service and incentivize all merchants to improve/maintain a high performance that elevates the Wish shopping experience.
On February 22, 2022, (as communicated to you by Wish), commission rates will change per tier (on top of what is outlined in Merchant Policy 9.2.1) as follows:
- All orders released to Platinum tier merchants will receive a 10% commission rate discount on top of the commission rate structure outlined in Merchant Policy 9.2.1.
- Gold tier will receive a 5% commission rate discount
- Silver tier commission rate will remain the same
- Bronze tiers, "Unrated," and "At risk" merchants will receive a 10% commission rate increase
Note: “At risk” merchants are those at risk of being deactivated due to certain infractions, intellectual property violations, or having overall poor metrics performance.
To illustrate this change, please see the following example for each tier, based on two different baseline commission rates that apply to two types of orders, per Merchant Policy 9.2.1:
Example 1: baseline 15% commission rate on non-Wish Express orders (across all product categories except for Household Supplies or Sex Toys) bound for non-EU destinations:
|Tier||Adjustment||Adjusted Commission Rate|
|Bronze, Unrated & At risk||+10%||16.5%|
Example 2: baseline 5% commission rate on Wish Express orders (across all product categories) bound for non-North American destinations and any North American destination other than the United States and Canada:
|Tier||Adjustment||Adjusted Commission Rate|
|Bronze, Unrated & At risk||+10%||5.5%|
13. How are infractions handled for Wish Standards?
On February 22, 2022, (as communicated to you by Wish), monetary infraction penalties will no longer be issued for infractions (see "penalties" listed in “Penalty Policies” on Merchant Dashboard). Instead, infractions will be reflected in Wish Standards performance metrics. For example, poor/low Wish Standards' performance metrics may have potential negative impacts on a merchant’s tier level and ultimately its commission rate, impressions, and payment disbursement. Merchants also will continue to be required to adhere to the Wish Merchant Terms of Service and Agreement and Wish Policies, and may be subject to other remedies available to Wish under those terms or policies, including as set forth in Section 13 of the Merchant Terms of Service and Agreement.
Please note that merchants will still be responsible for any infraction penalties issued to merchants prior to the date this change goes into effect, as per current Wish terms and policy.
14. Are there any exceptions and/or clarifications to the deprecation of monetary infraction penalties?
Exceptions to the deprecation of monetary infraction penalties include charges tied to the Advanced Logistics program, as stated in Merchant Policy 5.11. In addition, Wish still has the right to withhold merchant payments and may seek all other remedies available to Wish under the Wish Merchant Terms of Service and Agreement and Wish policies, including as set forth in Section 13 of the Merchant Terms of Service and Agreement.