This FAQ was created for informational purposes only, and does not, nor is intended to, constitute or be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Should you require assistance or have any questions concerning these regulations, your independent obligations/duties, or related to the subject matter or information in this FAQ, please reach out to EU legal counsel.
To ensure compliance with Merchant Policy 13 - Other Regulatory Compliance and the upcoming new European Union (EU) product compliance regulation, Market Surveillance Regulation (EU) 2019/1020, Wish will require merchants selling applicable products to the European Union and Northern Ireland (EU Market) to provide the details of their appointed Responsible Person(s) to Wish. Please note that EU domiciled merchants are currently NOT required to provide details of their Responsible Person(s) to Wish.
Merchants selling applicable EU Market-bound products who fail to provide a Responsible Person to Wish by July 9, 2021 will be subject to infractions outlined in Merchant Policy 13 - Other Regulatory Compliance, including applicable products being impression blocked in the EU Market. Additionally, you may face infractions imposed by the EU or Northern Ireland regulatory authorities if you do not have an EU Market-based Responsible Person for applicable EU Market-bound products starting July 16, 2021.
Find details on Responsible Persons and the upcoming EU product regulation.
Please note that if you do not already have an EU Market-based Responsible Person for your applicable products, you may utilize one of our preferred product compliance partners providing EU Authorized Representative services, listed below. An EU Authorized Representative is any natural or legal entity that is established in the EU who is appointed (in writing, with responsibilities written out) as the Responsible Person by the brand or manufacturer. Wish merchants will receive a discount on services from our preferred partners by signing up through the below provided links:
- Product IP: https://secure.productip.com/registration?code=wish2021
- Clever Representative: https://app.cleverrepresentative.eu/referral/wish
- Oudaiyi: http://www.oudai1.com/oydyx/wish.aspx
Merchants should be aware that if they are not the brand owner, importer, or physical product manufacturer of their applicable EU Market-bound products, they may require written authorization from the manufacturer, or the merchants’ own suppliers, before proceeding with appointing an EU Authorized Representative. Please check with either of our preferred partners before reaching out to the product manufacturer or suppliers, and for any other questions regarding the status of the preferred partners acting as an Authorized Representative for your product categories.
How do I provide my Responsible Person(s) to Wish?
Merchants can view various EU Market-bound products that may require Responsible Persons via our informational Merchant Dashboard and API, and may link their Responsible Persons to applicable products. Though this page may provide some assistance, it may not list every applicable EU-bound product and merchants will ultimately be responsible for identifying applicable EU-bound products and appointing a Responsible Person as required to comply with the upcoming new regulations. Please see below for how to provide your Responsible Persons via Merchant Dashboard or API.
As noted above, EU domiciled merchants are currently NOT required to provide details of their Responsible Person(s) to Wish, and they do not have access to our informational Merchant Dashboard.
Via Merchant Dashboard:
1. Under the “Things to do” section on the Merchant Dashboard homepage, you will see an item titled “EU Product Compliance.” Click “Continue” to proceed. Alternatively, you may navigate to Products > Product Compliance Center.
2. This will open a window containing the Responsible Person Declaration. Please carefully review this, and click “Agree and continue” to proceed.
3. You will land on the “EU Product Compliance” home page. Under the “Responsible Persons” section, click “Add new Responsible Person” to add details of your chosen Responsible Person(s).
If you previously clicked “Cancel” on the Responsible Person Declaration, you will be prompted again with the Responsible Person Declaration when attempting to add a Responsible Person here. You will not be able to add a Responsible Person here until completing this agreement.
4. In the next window, fill out all fields with accurate information for your chosen Responsible Person. Click “Submit” to proceed.
5. You will see the “Responsible Persons pending review” quantity updated to reflect your addition. Your submitted Responsible Person is now pending review from Wish. Review of your submission may take up to 48 hours to complete. Once reviewed, you will see your “Completed Responsible Persons” or “Rejected Responsible Persons” quantity updated accordingly.
You can click “View all Responsible Persons” to expand a table containing your submissions that are Completed, Rejected, or still Pending Review. Clicking the pencil icon under the “Action” column in the row of your chosen Responsible Person will allow you to edit their information. Please note that any edits to existing Responsible Person(s) will re-initiate the review process from Wish.
6. Now that you have added your Responsible Person(s), see the “Relevant Products” section below. Here we have pre-filtered your products with shipping enabled to EU countries falling under the Electronics, Toys, and Personal Protective Equipment categories for you to link to your Responsible Person(s). Identify the products that you have an obligation to link to your Responsible Person(s).
Please note that you may have EU Market-bound products falling under other categories (that are not pre-filtered here) that you may be obligated to link to your Responsible Person(s). Click the Filter button above the table, and select “Show all other categories” to show all of your products (across any product category) with shipping enabled to EU Market countries. You may identify applicable products that you are obligated to link to your Responsible Person(s).
7. To link a Responsible Person to a product, click the dropdown under the “EU Responsible Person” column in the row of the product. Select your applicable Responsible Person to link them to the product. You can also use the checkbox on the left to mark multiple products and link them all to a Responsible Person using the dropdown as seen below.
Before you can use the below API endpoints to provide a Responsible Person via API, you must complete the Responsible Person Declaration via the Merchant Dashboard. To do so, navigate to Products > EU Product Compliance. This opens a window containing the Responsible Person Declaration. Please carefully review this, and click “Agree and continue” to proceed.
Merchants may then use the following API endpoints to create Responsible Persons, link these Responsible Persons to applicable products, and more:
For more details, please see our Merchant API documentation page for EU Market Product Compliance.