This guide was created for informational purposes only, and does not, nor is intended to, constitute or be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Should merchants require assistance or have any questions concerning these regulations, merchants’ independent obligations/duties, or the subject matter/information in this guide please reach out to EU legal counsel.
To ensure compliance with Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) program requirements and Merchant Policy 13, merchants selling applicable categories of products into France, Germany, Austria, and Sweden are required to submit valid EPR registration number(s) for these product categories to Wish. Merchants in violation may be blocked from selling products into France, Germany, Austria, and Sweden and may be subject to other consequences until they provide relevant EPR registration number(s) to Wish. Please see our EPR program requirements guide for more details, including specific product categories covered by EPR program requirements and Product Responsibility Organizations (PROs) that merchants can register with to obtain EPR registration number(s).
See below for a walkthrough of how to submit EPR registration numbers to Wish via Merchant Dashboard and API.
Submit EPR Registration Number(s) via Merchant Dashboard
1. Navigate to Products > Product Compliance Center.
2. Enter the Extended Producer Responsibility page for France, Germany, Austria, or Sweden.
3. Review the EPR Declaration for the relevant country and click “Agree and continue” to proceed.
4. Locate the “Categories” section and click “Add” under the product category you want to submit an EPR registration number for.
5. Add an EPR registration number and PRO information in the “Add EPR registration number” window; click to "Confirm."
6. After an EPR registration number has been submitted, the category “Status” displays as “Pending review.” An EPR number is considered successfully submitted once the “Status” displays as “Approved.”
Submit EPR Registration Number(s) via API
For more details, please see our Merchant API documentation page.
The following endpoints allow merchants to submit and edit EPR registration numbers for France via API:
- POST /api/v3/france_epr_compliance/unique_identification_number
The following endpoints allow merchants to submit and edit EPR registration numbers for Germany via API:
- POST /api/v3/germany_epr_compliance/product
- PUT /api/v3/germany_epr_compliance/product