Validating your store helps ensure the security of your account and may unlock certain merchants features. In some cases, your sales may be limited and store's impressions may be restricted until your store is validated. This FAQ addresses the steps in the store validation process.
- When you are directed to the “Validate my store” page, Click “Get Started” to begin validating your store.
- From the dropdown menu, select a country/region of domicile for your store. If you are an individual merchant selling on Wish, the country/region of domicile is the country or place where you have a fixed legal address or permanent residence. If you are a business merchant, the country/region of domicile is the country or state of incorporation for the registered company owning and operating your Wish store. Declaring an incorrect country/region of domicile will result in incorrect tax treatment of your sales. Please note that your selection will be permanent after making a selection on this page.
- After selecting a country/region of domicile, you will be asked to enter a business address for your store. Note that your business address should be located within your country/region of domicile.
- The next information you will need to provide to validate your store is your phone number. A verification code will be sent to the phone number that you provide, which will need to be entered in the field below your phone number in order to continue with the store validation process.
- Once you have entered the code sent to your phone and verified your phone number, you may continue with the rest of the store validation process.
- Select your account type based on whether you are an individual merchant or business merchant. You will be asked to provide proof of identity based on the account type you choose.
- If you selected “individual merchant” as your account type, you will be asked to provide your full name and proof of identity. Your proof of identity must be a government-issued form of identification that clearly shows your full name and the country/region of domicile that you selected earlier in the store validation process.
- If you selected “business merchant” as your account type, you will be asked to provide the full name of a primary contact person for your business who is considered the merchant account holder. The primary contact person should be able to provide registration information on behalf of the company and should have the ability to initiate transactions (such as disbursements and refunds) on the merchant account. You will also be asked to provide a company name and proof of identity for your business/company. Acceptable proof of identity should include your company name and the country/region of domicile you selected earlier in the store validation process. Examples of acceptable proof of identity include the following:
- A government-issued business registration license
- Articles/Certificate of incorporation
- Business tax return documents (i.e. U.S. corporation Income Tax Return form 1120 or Form 1120-S, Partnership Return Form 1065 or K-1s associated with the business, or other non-U.S. local country business tax returns)
- A VAT registration certificate
- Once you have filled out all of the necessary information, you may submit your store validation request by clicking “Submit”
- After you have submitted your store validation request, it will be processed and reviewed by Wish within 2 business days. You may view the status of your store validation application anytime by navigating to Settings > Account > Seller Profile on the Merchant Dashboard. Under “Validation status” you can also view the “Submitted on” date, which indicates exactly when you submitted your store validation application.
- If your store validation request is successful, you will see your Validation status marked as “Validated” on your Seller Profile. For some merchants, this means that you have unlocked unlimited sales and your products will remain enabled and available for sale in the Wish app. Now that your store is successfully validated you may also have access to additional merchant features to further grow your business.
- If your store validation request is unsuccessful, you will see your Validation status marked as “Rejected” on your Seller Profile along with a list of items that did not meet the criteria for successful store validation. In some cases, products will remain disabled until you try submitting your store validation request again by clicking “Validate store again” and providing the correct necessary information for validating your store.
Lastly, please note that personal information that you provide during the store validation process is confidential and will not be released to customers or made public. Customers can only view a store’s name, ratings, and how long a store has been on the Wish app or wish.com.