Please note that this article pertains to store verification only for merchants based outside of Mainland China and the European Economic Area (EEA). Mainland China merchants should visit the article on store verification for Mainland China merchants; EEA-based merchants should see the article on the "Know Your Customer" process.
Verifying your store helps ensure the security of your account and may unlock certain merchant features. Once you submit your verification request—and Wish approves (within a few business days)—your products may start to receive impressions and, as a result, sales.
This article guides you through the requirements to verify your store in the Merchant Dashboard so that you can begin to sell on Wish.
It is advised to read this article in full so that you have all requirements ready to verify your store.
In this article:
- Before You Begin
- Verify Your Store
Before You Begin
Verification requires you to provide two different types of documents to verify both your business and yourself (or a legal business representative):
- Business registration documents (e.g., certificate of Incorporation, tax certificate, VAT registration, company annual return, registered business license, bank statements, etc.)
- Identification (ID) document (e.g., government-issued ID card such as a driver’s license, passport, etc.)
Documents deemed “acceptable” vary depending on your country/region of domicile (see “Confirm your contact information” below)
Find a list of acceptable documents (ID and business) for the country/region where you reside and your business is registered.
Note: If you signed up with Wish prior to April 7, 2022, then you will also need to determine whether your account type is “business merchant” (e.g., sole proprietor, company, LLC, LTD/Unltd, LP, LLP) or “individual merchant” (e.g., unincorporated individual), as process flows slightly vary.
Requirements include that documents be:
- Aligned in your native language (e.g., If your native language is French, please populate the Merchant Dashboard verification fields in French and upload all documents in French.)
- Aligned with the name and address you populated and confirmed in your contact information
- All Merchant Dashboard verification fields asking for name and address as well as every document/ID proof that you upload should match. Any discrepancies in name or address may result in rejection of your verification request.
In addition to the above, ID documents must also meet these requirements:
- The photo must match the appropriate person (i.e., the business owner/yourself or the legal business representative)
- The country on the ID card must match your country/region of domicile (see “Confirm Your Contact Information,” below) and be where you are a citizen/resident
Digital Upload Requirements
You must upload your business and ID documents to the Merchant Dashboard in order to verify your store. It is advised to have your digital files ready before you begin the verification process.
If you need to digitize physical documents, you can do so by taking a digital image (e.g., with a phone’s camera or digital camera) of the original document.
Each document type allows up to four digital files/photos to be uploaded.
Requirements include that uploaded documents be:
- Formatted as a JPEG or PNG
- Sized to less than 5MB
- Complete (i.e., front and back of documents/cards, all text, and any signatures)
- Untouched (i.e., edited photos are prohibited)
In addition to the above, ID documents must also meet these requirements:
- Photos must be in color (black and white images are rejected)
- There should be at least three photos of your ID:
- Front of the ID
- Back of the ID
- Photo of yourself holding the ID, with the front of the ID displayed (please refrain from using a selfie/mirror mode photo)
In the case your ID lacks a “front/back” (e.g., passport) then take a photo of the entire information page as well as the signature page.
Verify Your Store
The following guidance should help you accurately populate the Merchant Dashboard verification fields and upload the appropriate documents.
Start the Verification Process
There are two ways you can start the verification process.
- Use the personalized sign-up link that Wish emailed you after your request to sell on Wish was accepted.
- Log in to the Merchant Dashboard; locate “Things to do” and click on “Verify Store.”
Verification Process Overview
This table gives an overview of each section and what is requested.
|Confirm Your Contact Information
Confirm the following:
|Select Your Account Type
This step is only for merchants that signed up with Wish prior to April 7, 2022.
| Provide Proof of Identity
Proof of business registration (upload)
|Legal business representative (populate)
|Valid ID photos (upload)
|Review, confirm & submit
Confirm Your Contact Information
These fields automatically populate with the information you provided during sign-up. As noted earlier, the name and address on your verification documents must match “Contact information,” so be sure that every field is populated correctly.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the country/region of domicile is correctly populated since your selection on this page is permanent. Declaring an incorrect country/region of domicile will result in the incorrect tax treatment of your sales.
The country/region of domicile is the country or state of incorporation for the registered company that owns and operates your Wish store.
Note that your primary business address should also be located within your country/region of domicile.
Provide proof of identity
The registered business name and number you enter here must match the business name and number from the government-issued business registration document (see below) that you upload.
Note: In certain countries/regions, the registered business number and Business Tax ID number are the same. In this case, you may enter this number in both fields.
Proof of Business Registration
You must provide your tax certificate. Tax certificates must meet these requirements:
- Is legally compliant
- Is authorized by the local government for where the “Primary business address” is located
- Displays and matches the “Registered business name” (i.e., what you input in “Business information”)
- Displays and matches the “Business Tax ID number” (i.e., what you input in “Business information”)
- Displays and matches the “Primary business address” (i.e., what you input in “Contact information”)
Document Type (optional)
Upload additional documentation if you have other forms of proof that you think may help Wish verify your store/operations as an e-commerce merchant.
You may also choose to upload additional documents in the case your other proof cannot support all of Wish’s verification requirements.
The field drop-down menu lists acceptable document types, for example:
- Articles of Incorporation or Certificate of Incorporation
- Recent business returns (e.g., the United States Corporation income tax return Form 1120 or 1120-S, Partnership Return 1065 or K-1s associated with the business, other non-US local country business tax returns)
- Other documents such as entity trading name, product licensing, and/or share allocation certificate
Legal Business Representative
This could be yourself or another party (i.e., legal representative or business owner). However, the name on the registered business certificate should match the name on the ID document (see below).
Valid ID Photos
An ID is personal identification with a photo (e.g., driver’s license, passport), and it should be of your “Legal business representative.”
Review & Submit Verification
To ensure faster processing and Wish acceptance, be sure to review all entered information. Once you check the box to confirm everything is accurate and click “Submit,” you will either see a “Thank you” confirmation with a button to "Continue Account Setup" or an error pop-up box asking you to review again (in the case something is missing or uploaded incorrectly).
After you submit your store verification request, Wish processes and reviews it within a few business days. You may view the status of your store verification request at any time in the Merchant Dashboard > Settings > Account > Seller Profile. If your store verification request is successful, you will see the verification status “Approved.” Once your store is successfully verified, your products can start to receive impressions, and you may also have access to additional merchant features.
If your store verification request is unsuccessful, you will see the verification status "Declined," along with a list of items that did not meet the requirements for successful store verification. If this happens, you may resubmit your store verification request by clicking “Resubmit” and providing the correct information.
Note: Personal information provided during the store verification process is confidential; users only see a merchant name, ratings, and how long a store has been on the Wish app/Wish.com.