To help merchants sell and unlock certain restricted product categories on Wish, such as vitamins and supplements, pet food, food and beverages, seat belt extenders, and more, the Product Authorizations page on Merchant Dashboard is available currently to all merchants based outside of Mainland China.
This article walks merchants through how to leverage this page to apply and sell these restricted products.
1. First, navigate to Products > Brands > Product Authorizations page on your Merchant Dashboard:
Then, you will arrive at the Product Authorizations page to begin the application process:
Note that if you have not validated your store, you will be prompted to do so on this page before you may start the application process. To learn more about store validation, please visit this article.
If you have validated your store, you will see the list of restricted product categories you may apply to sell, as seen in the screenshot above. Click “Apply” to start.
2. Select the restricted product category(ies) that you intend to sell on Wish in the page that follows:
Click “Next” to continue.
3. You will be prompted to enter certain legal information on the next page, including the name of the legal representative, the title of the legal representative, and the name of the business entity. Please be sure to input accurate information according to the legal documentation of your merchant account:
4. During the final step in the application, please read through the Terms of Service for selling restricted products on Wish; click the checkbox at the bottom to acknowledge that you have carefully reviewed the Terms of Service, and click “Submit” to proceed:
You may also download the Terms of Service directly by clicking “Download terms”.
After you click “Submit”, you now have completed the application process. You will be redirected back to the Product Authorizations homepage. As the application will require Wish’s approval before you can begin selling these restricted products, you will first notice that the “Authorization Status” on this page for the applied product categories will be “Pending review” to start:
While your applied categories are still pending review, you could also apply to other categories - simply start the applications for other types of products directly from this page by clicking “+ Apply”.
It takes approximately 1-3 business days for Wish to review and make a decision on your application. If a decision is made, you will be notified via the Merchant Dashboard Notifications page, specifically within the Product Authorizations section. You may then check back on the Product Authorizations homepage and review the Authorization Status of your applied categories after that timeframe:
Your application could be approved, still pending review, and rejected, per screenshot above:
- If your application is approved, this page will show the country/region where your applied product categories are approved to sell into.
- Note that different regions have different legal and regulatory requirements. These differing requirements inform Wish’s policies and procedures on where we permit a particular merchant to sell a particular restricted product category.
- If your application is rejected, this page will show you the reason for such rejection, and you may choose to re-apply accordingly.
We encourage merchants to take advantage of the Product Authorizations page, apply to sell these restricted product categories, and unlock further sales opportunities on Wish.