Make your products come to life with our video features, displayed to customers in Wish Clips and product Details pages on the Wish app! Videos can help answer common customer questions and feature product details that may otherwise go unnoticed. And the best part, you can create compelling product videos with your smartphone!
To learn more about how to upload a video for your product, please visit this article.
Here, we will share some best practices of taking a video with your phone:
1. First, set up a space to shoot your product videos by removing clutter. This will help your product stand out. Solid colors like grey or white are best for the backdrop.
2. Before you start filming, make sure that your phone is fully charged, and that it has enough empty storage space so that you can take as much footage as you need without problems. Aim for at least two gigabytes of unused storage space.
3. When it comes to lighting, we recommend filming in a space that has plenty of indirect natural light. Avoid harsh or direct light, particularly from behind or in front of the product, as this will create a silhouette.
4. To make the video look more professional, you’re going to want to stabilize the camera. If you have a tripod or clip-on stand, use it! But you can also stabilize your phone’s camera by creating a sturdy stand out of a stack of books or other stable materials.
5. When setting up the camera, use the camera on the back of your phone, as it captures higher quality video. Make sure the resolution settings are set to 1080p HD at 30 frames per second (FPS). On an iPhone, you can go to Settings > Camera > Record video to select this option.
6. We want to keep the listing experience consistent for all shoppers, so we are asking that you film your video using the vertical aspect ratio of 9:16. For almost all phones, this means recording your video in the default portrait mode.
7. Be sure to focus the shot by tapping on the most important subject in the frame (hopefully this is the product!) Then, once you have everything set up, take some sample video clips to test your set up and make sure the video is looking how you want it to look. Once you’re happy with everything, press record to record your video!
8. Finally, you can use the trim function on your phone to cut off any extra footage at the beginning and end of your video clips. Each video clip should be 30 seconds or less. Please do not use filters or alter the saturation of the listing videos.
Listing videos on Wish do not have audio, so do not worry about removing audio from your clips.