Store accounts deemed inactive are disabled and labeled with an inactive account infraction in the Merchant Dashboard (see Merchant Terms of Service and Agreement, 2. Membership Eligibility, “Right to Refuse Service”). What follows is an overview of what merchants can do when this happens.
For the merchant, an inactive store account label means:
- Product uploads are disabled
- Store account information is read only
- Product impressions are wiped from the platform
- Product listings are set to “out of stock”
An inactive account, however, can still fulfill existing orders as well as access and dispute infractions within the Merchant Dashboard.
Disabled store accounts are notified of their inactive account suspension and given the opportunity to dispute the infraction (within 60 calendar days of receipt of the inactive account notification).
Dispute an inactive account infraction
As noted above, a merchant can still access the Merchant Dashboard to dispute the inactive account infraction (within 60 calendar days from the receipt of the inactive account notification). The various outcomes include:
- If the infraction is reversed, then the suspension is lifted and the account reactivated.
- If the dispute is rejected, then the store account is permanently disabled.
- If a merchant disputes the inactive account infraction outside of the 60 calendar day period, then the store account is permanently disabled.
- If the merchant chooses not to dispute the infraction, then the store account is permanently disabled.
To dispute an infraction, log in to the Merchant Dashboard:
- Go to Infractions > Policy Infractions > “Other infractions” tab
- Locate Infraction name > “Inactive account”
- Choose to “View Details” in the Action column at right and follow prompts via the infraction details page
Once the infraction dispute is submitted, Wish reviews the dispute and responds via with a decision. (Please note response times vary, so thank you in advance for your patience.)
Re-verify your store to continue selling on Wish
Once a merchant successfully disputes an inactive account infraction, then the infraction is reversed and the store account reactivated. However, the account is not yet approved to recommence selling. In order to sell on Wish again, the merchant must re-verify its store within 30 calendar days of receiving the notification that the store account was reactivated.
Stores that are not re-verified in the 30 calendar days are permanently disabled.
IMPORTANT: There is a 24-hour delay between receiving a re-verify notification and the Merchant Dashboard reactivating a store account to re-verify a store.
To re-verify your store, merchants must
- Link all store accounts (for merchants with multiple store accounts).
- Note that failure to complete this step may result in consequences identified in Wish’s Merchant Terms of Service and Agreement.
- Make sure that at least 24 hours has passed since receiving the re-verify notification, then log in to the Merchant Dashboard.
- Chinese-based store accounts: The re-verification page appears asking for business information (note that nothing else in Merchant Dashboard is accessible). Follow instructions to populate. All fields must be complete to exit.
- All other store accounts: On the homepage under “Things to do,” follow the instructions to “re-verify your store.”
Note that impressions are blocked until verification is complete.
Please reach out to Account Managers or General Support with any questions regarding inactive account infractions.
Thank you for doing your part to keep Wish a safe and trusted marketplace.