For all orders that ship from Singapore to Singapore, merchants are responsible for remitting Goods and Services Tax (GST) to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS). The calculation and collection of GST for these orders can be determined on the Merchant Dashboard's Tax Settings page.
- If Singapore tax settings is inactive (default state), merchants should continue to calculate and collect the GST amount on these orders.
- If Singapore tax settings is active, the GST amount on these orders are calculated and collected at checkout by Wish. This GST amount is sent by Wish to merchants, for merchants to remit to the IRAS. Merchants that choose to activate Singapore tax settings (and were previously adding GST amount to their product prices) should adjust their prices accordingly to remove the GST amount.
See below for a walkthrough of how to activate Singapore tax via the Tax Settings page in the Merchant Dashboard:
1. Navigate to Settings > Taxes.
2. Click “Set up taxes.”
Note: A merchant must have verified their store before they can activate tax settings on the Tax Settings page.
3. Select the Singapore checkbox and click Continue.
4. Enter a Singapore GST number in the GST field and click Continue.
5. View a summary of the tax information entered; check the box at the bottom if in agreement with the outlined terms and Submit.
6. Click Confirm to submit tax settings.
You can check that the tax information is successfully submitted and pending review by returning to the Tax Settings homepage to see “Pending” displayed.
Once the tax information has been successfully verified, the Status for Singapore changes from "Pending" to “Active.” This means Wish calculates and collects GST amount on orders shipping from Singapore to Singapore. This GST amount is sent by Wish to merchants for merchants to remit to the IRAS.