To comply with requirements from the United States (U.S.) Internal Revenue Service, Wish requires merchants with U.S. operations to provide specific tax identity information (outlined below) to Wish. Relevant merchants who do not provide applicable tax identity information may have their payments withheld.
1. What tax identity information do I need to provide to Wish?
Tax identity information requirements are outlined below, based on merchants' country/region of domicile and entity type:
- U.S. domiciled merchants considered to be business entities or individuals must provide a completed Form W-9 or provide their name, address, and corresponding US Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Non-U.S. domiciled merchants considered to be business entities must provide a completed Form W-8BEN-E
- Non-U.S. domiciled merchants considered to be individuals must provide a completed Form W-8BEN
Note that provided tax forms must be signed with a date from within the past year.
2. How do I provide my tax identity information to Wish?
Merchants can provide their tax identity information to Wish by: