To help merchants provide more accurate shipping prices and delivery timelines, along with multiple shipping options that appeal to customers of various preferences, merchants are able to customize product-level shipping options in the Merchant Dashboard. This article walks merchants through how to set this up.
Please note that currently, all merchants based outside of Mainland China have access to the following functionality for their products in their Primary and Secondary warehouses (previously Standard and Wish Express warehouses, now renamed).
Why is this beneficial to merchants based outside of Mainland China?
- With the now renamed Primary and Secondary warehouse (replacing Standard and Wish Express warehouse) and merchants’ ability to set accurate shipping speeds of their products in these warehouses, you may now be able to sell relatively fast-shipping products that do not necessarily meet the Wish Express delivery timeline requirements and without being subject to Wish Express policies.
- You may now stock products meeting Wish Express delivery timeline requirements in both your Primary and Secondary warehouses.
- Unlike the previous “Wish Express warehouse” setup, products in your Secondary warehouses are NOT required to meet the Wish Express delivery requirements anymore.
- Products in your Primary warehouse can also qualify for the Wish Express program, based on the shipping speed that you set.
- Newly-created Secondary warehouses can now ship to all Wish-supported destinations.
- As such, products offering express shipping to all Wish-supported destinations can now receive Wish Express benefits, including orange truck icons and potential increase in impressions.
- As long as merchants set the “max delivery days” for any destinations as 5 or fewer business days (with the exception of the 12 countries listed in the Merchant Policy, "Wish Express"), related products will be considered Wish Express products and receive relevant benefits (more detailed examples below).
- This is a significantly beneficial change from the previous setup where only select destination countries are eligible for Wish Express.
Setting up max delivery days for your products
In the Products > View All Products page, first locate a product of interest in one of the warehouses you have set up (Primary or Secondary warehouse for merchants based outside of Mainland China), and then click on the link under the “Country Shipping Price” column:
Aside from setting a “Default Shipping Price” to ship your product to all destination countries/regions enabled for your account, you may also set up customized shipping speeds and prices per product per destination country/region on the same page:
As shown in the screenshot above, in the “Customize Shipping Options” section of the page, you may input a shipping price and max delivery days per destination country/region you previously set up in Shipping Settings and enabled on this page for the product. For any top-selling country/region on Wish, a silver crown icon will appear under the “Badges” column for that country/region:
The “Max delivery days” you designate here will be the maximum delivery timeline (i.e., the number of business days from order being processed to order being delivered) we show to customers regarding when they can expect your products to be delivered.
As merchants based outside of Mainland China may now ship to all Wish-supported destinations from both Primary and Secondary warehouses, products with all destinations may be eligible for Wish Express benefits, based on the “max delivery days” set:
- For any Wish-supported destinations not specifically listed in the Merchant Policy, "Wish Express," setting the max delivery days as 5 or fewer business days will qualify the products for Wish Express.
- For the 12 destination countries and their respective delivery timeline requirements (i.e., X business days) listed in the Merchant Policy, "Wish Express," setting the max delivery days as X or fewer business days will qualify the products for Wish Express.
For the products that qualify for Wish Express and be subject to Wish Express policies, an orange truck icon will automatically appear under the “Badges” column for that destination country/region:
On the other hand, if the max delivery days provided is outside of the delivery timeline requirements outlined above for different destinations, the product will not qualify for Wish Express, but you may still sell it on Wish.
For merchants based outside of Mainland China:
- The maximum number of “max delivery days” you could set here is 15 business days (once again, applicable to products in both Primary and Secondary warehouses);
- If you do not provide “max delivery days” value here for a product in your Primary warehouse, the default delivery timeline shown to customers will be based on your historical delivery timeline.
- If you do not provide “max delivery days” value here for a product in your Secondary warehouse(s), the default delivery timeline shown to customers will be 5 business days (with the exceptions for certain destination countries outlined in the Merchant Policy,"Wish Express." For example, the default delivery timeline will be 6 business days for France and 10 business days for Brazil, etc).
Although Wish Express requirements may not be applicable in all cases, if an order is not confirmed delivered within the max delivery days that you provide here for the specific destination country/region, you will be subject to infractions outlined in Warehouse Fulfillment Policy, including refund responsibility and/or order payment withholding. So please be sure to provide the accurate delivery timeline in this section. If you believe that a refund due to delayed delivery is incorrectly issued, you may submit disputes to prove the on-time delivery of the orders according to the max delivery days that you set.
Offering two shipping prices + shipping speeds combinations to customers
You may also offer one shipping option per product per destination country/region in each Primary or Secondary warehouse that you set up.
Merchants based outside of Mainland China do have the option to offer two shipping prices + max delivery days combinations to your customers with various preferences.
For example, for product A, you may provide US-based customers with both a faster shipping option with 5 business days as the max delivery days and $12 as the shipping price, as well as a slower shipping option with 10 business days as the max delivery days and $6 as the shipping price.
To do so, you may enable the United States for both the Primary and Secondary warehouses for the same product, and provide two different shipping options described above in the “Customize Shipping Options” section for product A in each warehouse:
Once this is properly set up, we will show customers both of these shipping options for the product of interest, so they may choose to receive the product faster with a higher shipping price, or more slowly with a lower shipping price, based on their preference. Appealing to customer preferences in turn may increase customer conversion and the overall sales of your products. Below is how this will appear in Wish app and wish.com for customers:
Example 1: One Wish Express shipping option and one Standard shipping option
Example 2: Two Standard shipping options
Setting up shipping options for subregions within certain destination countries
You may also designate different shipping options for subregions within certain destination countries, namely, Australia, Brazil, France, Spain, and the United States. For example, for a product with the United States enabled as a destination country, click the arrow next to "United States" and proceed with inputting shipping prices and max delivery days for each subregion that appear:
If you only provide a shipping price and max delivery days for the United States, and do not provide any values for these subregions, the country-wide value you provided will apply to all subregions automatically.
We encourage merchants to set up accurate shipping prices and max delivery days for their products in order to attract more customers of various shipping preferences, increase conversion rate, and ultimately, product sales. Once again, note that this feature is currently only available to select merchants. We will promptly send out notifications as we expand this feature to more merchants.
Setting up “max delivery days” for products in bulk via CSV upload
You may conduct the actions noted above in bulk via CSV upload as well. First, navigate to the Products > Add/Edit Products with CSV page.
Then upload a product CSV file that includes the “max delivery days” for each destination country and/or subregion you would like to ship to.
See the headers in the “Example CSV” image below:
“US_GA TTD” is the field that represents the “max delivery days” for that product if shipped to the state of Georgia in the United States, while “FR TTD” represents the “max delivery days” of this product if shipped to France.
The “Parent Unique Id” field is required to specify which product in each row you intend to modify. The “Warehouse Name” field is optional and determines which warehouse these changes impact. If not provided, these changes will attempt to be made in the merchant’s Primary warehouse:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the differences between Primary and Secondary warehouses?
Please visit the article,"Wish Express warehouse tool FAQ," to learn more. Note that the previously named “STANDARD” warehouse in Merchant Dashboard was renamed to “STANDARD (Primary)” warehouse in January 2021. All Wish Express warehouses set up by merchants are now considered Secondary warehouses.
2. What happens to the “max delivery days” if I create a new Secondary warehouse from scratch?
When a new Secondary warehouse is created:
- All product listings from the Primary warehouse are automatically copied over to the new Secondary warehouse in Merchant Dashboard, with all inventory quantities set to 0 by default. Merchants may update this quantity for each product.
- The “max delivery days” for all destination countries that the Secondary warehouse is set to ship to is set to 5 business days (with the exceptions for certain destination countries as outlined in the Merchant Policy, "Wish Express." For example, the default delivery timeline will be 6 business days for France and 10 business days for Brazil, etc). Merchants may update this value per product per destination.
- If the inventory quantity of a product is NOT set to 0, at least one destination country/region is enabled, and shipping prices/max delivery days are set by merchants or inherit a default value based on the default Wish Express delivery timeline, the product will be available for sale in the enabled destination countries/regions.
3. How are Secondary warehouses different from Wish Express warehouses previously available to merchants?
As noted above, Secondary warehouses are now expanded to support products that both can and cannot ship within the Wish Express-required delivery timeline.
Newly-created Secondary warehouses can now also ship to all Wish-supported destinations.
As such, as long as max delivery days set for any enabled destination falls within the required timeline (5 business days or fewer for destinations not listed in the Merchant Policy, "Wish Express," and X business days for 12 countries as shown in Wish Express policy), products will be eligible for Wish Express benefits; this is a hugely beneficial change from the previous setup where only select destination countries could qualify for Wish Express.
4. What happens if I set a product’s “max delivery days” to a number greater than the Wish Express-required delivery timeline?
Merchants are able to set the “max delivery days” of a product to a number that’s greater than the Wish Express-required delivery timeline and still sell the product on Wish.
Essentially, Wish Express is now subsumed under the above functionality that allows merchants to set per-country max delivery days for each product in each warehouse. For merchants based outside of Mainland China:
- You may do so for products in both the Primary or Secondary warehouses.
- If a product has inventory in both your Primary and Secondary warehouses, and the max delivery days set for inventory in both warehouses are greater than Wish Express timeline for a particular destination country, then the customers in that country will NOT see a Wish Express orange truck badge on Wish app or wish.com.
- However, if inventory in one of both of these warehouses has “max delivery days” set to be within the Wish Express timeline, customers will see the Wish Express orange truck badge when shopping for your product.
- Customers will see the estimated arrival date based on the max delivery days you set.
5. Can I set “max delivery days” for my products via API?
Merchants are able to update shipping price and max delivery days for any product in a Primary or Secondary warehouse via API, using the ‘warehouse_to_shippings’ object in the following v3 API endpoint:
Please see our API v3 documentation for more information.
We encourage merchants to set up accurate shipping prices and max delivery days for their products in order to attract more customers of various shipping preferences, increase conversion rate, and ultimately, product sales.