Merchants have the option to self-categorize listings for any product category and provide category-specific product attributes for various product categories. We strongly encourage merchants to do both, as providing more structured listing information is essential to improving product listing quality and ensuring products correctly appear in search results.
1. How do merchants self-categorize products?
Merchants can self-categorize product listings for all product categories in three different ways:
C. Merchant Dashboard:
Search and select the relevant category under the Product Category module in the Add Product or Edit Product pages.
2. What product categories can merchants provide category-specific attributes for?
Merchants can provide category-specific attributes for the following product categories:
- Apparel Accessories
- Cellphones & Telecommunications
- Computer and Office
- Consumer Electronics
- Home & Garden
- Home Improvement
- Jewelry & Accessories
- Luggage & Bags
- Men's Clothing
- Toys & Hobbies
- Women’s Clothing (see details on qualifying for the Wish Fashion experience)
3. How do merchants add category-specific attributes for products?
Category-specific attributes can be provided in three ways:
1. When adding/editing a product via CSV, download a template based on your product category/categories.
2. Navigate to the Categories and Attributes page.
3. Select the product category and search for the sub-category, or click through the category path table below the search section.
4. Click the View Attributes button to see a list of attributes. The Name column contains a list of attributes that are populated as headers in the downloaded CSV template. The Accepted Values column contains a list of corresponding accepted values for each attribute.
5. Populate the attributes in the downloaded CSV template with corresponding Accepted Values. Merchants are strongly encouraged to include all applicable product attributes, as detailed product listings provide important context for customers and may lead to more sales. Ensure that the “Category ID” column is populated with the relevant category ID(s), which can be found next to the category name(s) in the category path table above.
C. Merchant Dashboard:
Add relevant attributes under the Category Attributes and Variation Attributes sections in the Add Product or Edit Product pages.