Click on the question to be taken to that particular answer.
1. What is ProductBoost?
ProductBoost is a Wish advertising tool that merchants can leverage to help increase sales of existing products, kickstart sales of new products, and encourage user engagement.
Merchants can create multiple campaigns with multiple products over different periods of time. Boosted products move higher up within the product rankings, and ProductBoost follows a cost-per-click model that charges merchants for each time a user clicks on a ProductBoost product. This way, merchants are only charged when the product receives interested user traffic.
2. Why use ProductBoost?
ProductBoost may help merchants in the following ways:
- New merchants may increase sales, which can help them qualify to join Wish Standards even sooner. (Read “Wish Standards Overview” to learn more about qualifications and benefits) join Wish Standards.
- Data (April 2022) suggests that new merchants who spend on ProductBoost within a 30-day period averaged about $300 in sales. In comparison, new merchants who do not spend on ProductBoost averaged about $10 in sales in 30 days.
- Silver and Bronze tier merchants may increase sales for potentially leveling up in Wish Standards’ tier.
- Platinum and Gold tier merchants to effectively launch and grow new products on Wish.
3. What can be expected from using ProductBoost?
ProductBoost can help merchants in competitive categories gain sales that would otherwise be impossible, and merchants in a unique category may be able to turn users to new customers by getting their product in front of Wish's global user base.
Merchants may also see an increase in sales that exceeds advertising spent. (With ProductBoost’s insightful and specific data, merchants have visibility into performance to see their return on investment.)
4. Where are ProductBoost products shown?
Products are shown on the Wish app and Wish.com, in the search results, in a product listing's Related tab, and on other placements. ProductBoost enables products to show up higher in search results than they would if shown without ProductBoost. Also note that ProductBoost products are only shown in the countries where the merchant ships.
5. Is there a training period for first-time boosted products?
Yes. For products new to ProductBoost and being boosted for the first time, WIsh's system will automatically go through a training period to learn about your products and determine optimal placement of the products to maximize click-through rate.
Merchants are strongly encouraged to put newly boosted products in a ProductBoost campaign for at least 28 days so the system can learn where to best place your product(s). During this training period, the ProductBoost campaign is active, and the product is boosted to receive user clicks. After this training period is complete, our system will consistently place the boosted product in front of users most likely to purchase it.
6. How does a merchant know which products are ProductBoost products?
On the Wish app/Wish.com, ProductBoost products are designated by the word “ad.”
In the Merchant Dashboard > Products > View All Products, there is a ProductBoost column that will note a product’s campaign status. Merchants can also sort products by number of sales to “Create Campaign” from that column.
7. How is the budget set for a campaign?
Merchants can set a budget and determine how much to spend when they create your campaign. The campaign spending is never greater than the budget.
It's free to join ProductBoost and merchants only pay for clicks (i.e., when users click on the boosted product).
8. Can products be changed during a campaign?
Once a campaign starts running, merchants can make the following changes:
- Extend the campaign end date
- Change the optional keywords associated with the product in the campaign
- Increase budget
All other attributes of the campaign cannot be changed once the campaign is scheduled to start, or already started.
9. How does a merchant track the product performance from the campaigns?
During the campaign, or after the campaign is completed, go to the Merchant Dashboard > Advertising > ProductBoost > View All Campaigns and click on the campaign of interest. The Overall Performance tab opens to display all campaigns. Find and click on the campaign of interest; the campaign performance data page opens with a list of campaign products, each showing the performance data. Read, “How to navigate the ProductBoost Campaigns dashboard,” to learn more.
10. Can I capture ProductBoost data through the API?
Yes, merchants can obtain campaign metrics as well as create ProductBoost campaigns, get a ProductBoost budget breakdown, list ProductBoost account balance updates, etc.
Go to Wish Marketplace v3 API > ProductBoost to find the desired action with instructions.
11. How can ProductBoost help my Wish Standards tier?
As an advertising tool that optimizes for conversion by driving intent-driven sales and targeting the right users, ProductBoost offers merchants a tool that may help increase sales and revenue. With the additional exposure and sales comes the opportunity to engage with more users. More opportunities to provide quality products, fast shipping, and positive user experiences can increase a variety of Wish Standards ratings for an overall lift.
12. How is ProductBoost different from the Merchant Promotions Platform? Why should a merchant choose one over the other?
There are significant differences and purposes for each, which merchants should know and understand so as to optimize for their products and needs. Please see the table below for a better understanding of these differences:
|Merchant Promotions Platform
Who has access?
Eligible merchants (i.e., Platinum, Gold, and Silver tier status)
Product types allowed
Any product (that is not in the restricted or prohibited category)
Products must meet the promotion’s eligibility requirements
Charges on a cost-per-click basis (i.e., cost per each time a user clicks on a ProductBoost product)
Free to use
Campaign times are flexible and up to the merchant to set
Promotion run times are specific to the promotion type
How it works
Wish algorithm targets users and increases product exposure through product placement
Products appear in the Deals hub and are labeled with a % discount and time stamp (if a limited-time promotion)
*Wish does not guarantee the uses or results of ProductBoost or the Merchant Promotions Platform, and actual results may vary.
On the other hand, the two programs can be used in combination as a powerful way for merchants to strategize products in various life-cycle stages. For example:
- New product releases may benefit from ProductBoost.
- Top sellers could generate more sales via Merchant Promotions Platform.
- Average selling products with a lot of inventory might benefit from either ProductBoost or Merchant Promotions Platform (so long as the product meets eligibility requirements).