No matter how long you have been with Wish, ProductBoost can help your large, medium or small business grow. ProductBoost plays an essential role for your success at Wish.
To help you get the most out of your ProductBoost campaigns, we have prepared the following best practices:
- Product Images
- Product Selection
- Experimentation and Optimization
1. Product Images
Wish is a mobile-optimized platform, therefore pictures of your product listing are extremely important.
- Have an attractive main picture. Main picture is the first thing shoppers see, and it is what gets shoppers to click on your listing. Therefore, make sure your product’s main picture is attractive and stands out, is in good quality and not misleading.
- Your main picture and other pictures should be effective. For instance, if it is not easy to tell what your product does, it might be helpful to include related usages or applications in the pictures. Here is an example of a successful product in ProductBoost.
We can see that for the above product - watermelon slicer, the main picture includes watermelon and other fruits, as well as a picture of someone slicing the watermelon.
Be descriptive if necessary. Sometimes, noting the important things on the pictures are helpful, such as points that are hard to tell from the pictures. Selling points to think about are: What does your product do? What makes your product unique or a better buy vs. competitors?
Including other variants might help. For example, if you are selling a product with multiple colors, try to include your products of multiple colors in the main picture or other pictures.
Before a customer makes a purchase, they want to know what they are buying.
Product images that illustrate all facets of your product helps shoppers make confident, informed purchases. Here are a few things a great product image can accomplish:
It grabs the attention of shoppers and compels them to click—and to buy
It displays the product clearly
It communicates important information about size, color, and materials
It captures the purpose of the product
It helps shoppers imagine the product in their lives
2. Product Choices
To achieve the best outcome in ProductBoost, pick the right products. We suggest good quality products with a lot of sales potential. This includes:
- Best sellers
- New listings or moderate performers: ProductBoost can provide a great lift in exposures and sales
- Products that see success on other platforms
- Trending, in-season products with a lot of demand
- Products that our platform does not have, products that are “fresh” to Wish users
- Products that you would like to run promotional sales or that are on sale
- Products that you specialize in and have a competitive edge (i.e., good domain knowledge, better price and quality)
Other tips to consider:
- Study similar products or similar product categories on Wish for a sense of how to increase sales performance
- Adopt good and reasonable pricing strategies to maintain your competitive advantage on the platform
- Allocate enough budget based on your sale or traffic goal. A rule of thumb is that your budget should allow you to allocate at least tens of thousands of impressions per product per week. And once this is satisfied, you want to optimize your product image to win the competition.
- Consider your competitive advantage. We suggest selecting product that fits your budget, ProductBoost will use the big data algorithm to maximize your investments.
4. Experimentation and Optimization
Above practices might have different applications for different merchants and products. Take advantage and invest time in experimentation and testing different components, you can learn and optimize your campaigns to achieve success in ProductBoost.
Following are a few best practices for experimentation:
- Set up multiple campaigns to run simultaneously
- Change one component, such as the main picture, or budget at a time
- Run the experiment for at least a reasonable amount of time, suggest at least 1 week*
- Identify winning elements from each experiment and optimize
*Note: In order to help merchants better optimize the exposure of their newer products, starting April 2, 2020 7:00AM UTC, ProductBoost campaigns created after this time may be subject to a minimum Total Spend if the campaign includes products that have not previously been in a ProductBoost campaign. A campaign’s minimum Total Spend may be waived if the campaign runs for five or more calendar days. However, for campaigns starting or auto-renewing on or after June 26, 2021 7:00AM UTC, Wish will no longer waive the minimum Total Spend for campaigns that run for five or more days (i.e., the minimum Total Spend will apply to all ProductBoost campaigns, regardless of duration).
More details about the minimum spend are available during campaign creation in the Merchant Dashboard (merchant.wish.com).
For the above merchant Yiwu Guan Yuan Enterprise, sales increased 771% after using ProductBoost. The sales continued to climb even after ProductBoost campaigns completed.
Remember, the goal of ProductBoost is to provide an equal playing field for all merchants, no matter where you are, what language you speak, when you join, and what size of your business. The merchants who put diligent efforts in working together with our platform to deliver the best value to our customers are rewarded.
Investing in ProductBoost is investing in your business and your success on the Wish platform.
Want to learn more? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions section for more tips on how to optimize your campaigns.
Ready to get started? ProductBoost is available to all Wish merchants, and you can get started hereimmediately.