ProductBoost combines merchant-provided data with Wish's back-end algorithm to increase exposure for relevant products. Merchants submit relevant products for week-long campaigns.
For each ProductBoost campaign, please provide the product you would like to promote, duration of the campaign, and budget of the campaign. Merchants are able to create a ProductBoost campaign manually on Merchant Dashboard, via API, or via CSV upload.
Create ProductBoost campaigns manually on Merchant Dashboard
There are only 5 steps to set up ProductBoost campaigns on Merchant Dashboard.
1. From the ProductBoost Menu, select "Create Campaign”
2. Fill in the Campaign basics information:
- Campaign Name: This is your store's way to identify the campaign. Note that all campaigns have a unique Campaign ID, which is located in the campaign URL.
- Start Time & End Time: These fields indicate when the campaign will be scheduled to run and end. You can choose the start date and end date accordingly. We strongly recommend that merchants put products new to ProductBoost in a campaign for at least 28 days so our system can learn where to best place the product. Please see this article for more information on the "On-going (Training)" Campaign Status.
Merchants can choose to enable the IntenseBoost feature, which will allow products to gain increased impressions in a shorter period of time at a higher spend. Specifically, ProductBoost campaigns with IntenseBoost enabled will showcase the product in premium and highly visible locations on users’ feeds in the Wish app and on wish.com. This can be especially beneficial for newly uploaded products and products that are receiving low impressions.
Merchants may enable IntenseBoost for their ProductBoost campaigns manually via Merchant Dashboard by clicking on the “IntenseBoost” checkbox shown above.
Merchants whose ERPs have added the optional attribute ‘intense_boost’ to relevant API endpoints may also enable IntenseBoost via API by specifying ‘intense_boost’ attribute as “True” in the following API endpoint:
If merchants do not specify, the ‘intense_boost’ attribute will default to “False”, and the ProductBoost campaigns created via API endpoints above will default to regular ProductBoost campaigns without IntenseBoost enabled.
Similarly, merchants may update ProductBoost campaigns with or without IntenseBoost enabled by specifying ‘intense_boost’ attribute in the following API endpoints:
In addition, the attribute ‘intense_boost’ (“True” or “False”) will also be returned when merchants retrieve information on one or a list of ProductBoost campaigns via the following API endpoint:
Note: In order to help merchants better optimize the exposure of their newer products, starting April 2, 2020 7:00AM UTC, ProductBoost campaigns created after this time may be subject to a minimum Total Spend if the campaign includes products that have not previously been in a ProductBoost campaign. A campaign’s minimum Total Spend may be waived if the campaign runs for five or more days. More details about the minimum spend are available during campaign creation in the Merchant Dashboard (merchant.wish.com).
3. Selected products must comply with all Wish policies. Wish reserves the right to remove campaign products that do not comply with Wish policies. You are able to look up the products by ID, SKU or Name. You can select up to 200 products per campaign.
4. Next you are able to add optional keywords for your campaign using the Keyword Tool:
5. Determine how much you are willing to spend to get your products in front of more customers. Your budget may depend on factors such as: duration of the campaigns, upcoming holidays and special events, and the number of new products you are launching. We will also show you the formula of calculating your maximum budget on the bottom.
Note that there’s a minimum budget per product per day required. If you set a budget that is lower than the minimum budget threshold, you will receive an error message that states “Budget must be greater than or equal to $X” (X is based on the minimum budget and the number of days you decide to run the campaign).
An additional limited-time promotional offering called Reward Budget is currently available to select merchants. Specifically, select merchants can claim the Reward Budget discounts if their ProductBoost campaign budget is set at above a certain threshold per product per day (the exact threshold amount will be shown to merchants in the “Set a budget” section in Merchant Dashboard). Reward Budget offers the following discounted budget:
- Merchants have the option to add the Reward Budget to the budget amount they set for a ProductBoost campaign.
- Reward Budget is an additional 30% of the ProductBoost campaign budget that merchants set.
- Wish covers 50% of the cost of the Reward Budget.
A merchant with access to Reward Budget sets her ProductBoost campaign budget to be $20 (the threshold amount is noted as $15.20 in this case; see screenshot below). The Reward Budget will be $6 (30% of $20). If merchants select the “I would like to receive the Reward Budget” checkbox, the total budget for the ProductBoost campaign would be $20 + $6 = $26 (as shown in the example screenshot below). If all $26 of the ProductBoost campaign budget are spent, $3 (50% of $6) of the Reward Budget will be paid by Wish.
Once you complete all information above, click "Save campaign".
Congratulations! You just created your first campaign. You will be able to view your running campaigns by navigating to ProductBoost > List Campaigns.
Create ProductBoost campaigns via API:
To learn more about creating ProductBoost campaigns via API, please visit the following API documentation: https://merchant.wish.com/documentation/api/v3/reference#operation/createCampaign. You may also consult the general ProductBoost API documentation for other types of ProductBoost-related tasks you can do.
Create ProductBoost campaigns via CSV Upload:
Please refer to this step-by-step guide for details on how to create ProductBoost campaigns via CSV upload.
For more information on how to optimize your ProductBoost campaigns, read the ProductBoost Best Practice!